lap cars

krusty_rusty

I know this topic has been brought up recently with ROMCO implications, but I finally got to see it real good first hand at the TSRS race this weekend. I know you want drivers to go out there and have a good time and be able to compete for a reasonable price. BUT c'mon please, if your not even reasonably up to speed something has to be done. I won't mention any car #'s well never mind but for example car's # 0,25,71 were deadly slow on saturday night and they were doing nothing but slowing down the leaders. I even think that the lead pack of 6 cars caught them in 5 or 6 laps. Then everytime on a restart they can start between cars that are fighting for positions on the lead lap. Is there any possible way at all, to at least get them to restart at the back, especially with 10 laps to go. Congratulations the #00 on a great finish and to the 17 for winning the dice roll and dominating the race and to the #1 for running it hard and clean the whole time.

I agree with krusty, we were alot faster than the mentioned cars, but when the leaders came up on us, we got the heck out of the way. we gave them plenty of room and when they cleared us, we went back to racing. there was some times when the lapped cars were trying to race with the lead pack, until they got knocked out of the way.

big john

Well I never thought the day would come when I found myself agreeing with Krusty on ANYTHING. But on this matter I do. I would also like to know for my own reference, Just how far does a car have to be inside of you before positions are changed. I saw an awful lot of cars coming down on cars that looked to have made a pass. Is it door handle to door handle before you give it up? Are the spotters not doing their job or are drivers just more willing to tear up a couple of cars instead of giving up a position?

I was dealing with a overheating car and a shock that went bad,but when the lead

cars came up to lap me I made sure to give them room.Krusty there are times where

the lap cars get in the way while trying to stay out of the way.

Big John it was good to see that #29 car out on the track maybe next time we'll

be able to race with you I didn't like seeing all those rear bumpers.

The reason that some series don't put the lapped cars to the rear is because the lead car had to pass the lapped car and it only seems fair that the rest of the field should have to lap him/her too. Some racing organizations put lapped cars to the rear on restarts with 10, or less, laps left in the race.

Nick Holt

hey chuckman, we didnt like to see all those rear bumpers either, we finally had a decent car, stayed on the lead lap for a long time, didnt have any mech problems, but a miscommunication between driver and crew put us out. We had a flat tire with about 10 laps to go, driver thought something was broke and pulled off the track. It was fun, wish the car would of been better, i think the motor started laying down during the last practice, just wouldnt pull off the corner. it was good so see that yall finished and hopefully we can get the motor together for san antonio.

big john

Archived