San Antonio Speedway Schedule for June 24

San Antonio Speedway

June 24th, 2006

Schedule of Events

Saturday June 24th

1:00 pm Credentials open

1:00 pm Tech Inspection opens

2:00 pm Practice begins (see schedule below)

Late Models . . USRA Modifieds . . USRA Trucks . . Sportsman . . Road Runners . . Grand Stocks . . . Gates

2:00 – 3:10 . . 2:10 – 2:20 . . 2:20 – 2:30 . . 2:30 – 2:40 . . 2:40 – 2:50 . . 2:50 – 3:00 . . 3:00 – 3:05

3:05 – 3:15 . . 3:15 – 4:25 . . 3:25 – 3:35 . . 3:35 – 3:45 . . 3:45 – 3:55 . . 3:55 – 4:05 . . 4:05 – 4:10

4:10 – 4:25 . . 4:25 – 4:40 . . 4:40 – 4:55

5:00 Drivers Meeting – USRA Modifieds & Trucks

5:30 Drivers Meeting – SAS divisions

6:00 Qualifying – USRA Trucks

NASCAR Late Models

USRA Modifieds

6:55 Parade of Aid

7:00 pm Heats

Road Runners

Grand Stocks

Sportsman

NASCAR Late Model Scuff Session

Features

Road Runners 20 Laps

Grand Stocks 15 Laps

Sportsman 25 Laps

USRA Modifieds 50 Laps

USRA Truck Series 50 Laps

NASCAR Late Models 40 Laps

Order of events is tentative and subject to change

Guest Soaker

Better yet the ones that are only 8ft tall should be able to stay in. The track trailer stays and so does Ovals huge one. Oval should unload just as everyone else does.

Better yet the ones that are only 8ft tall should be able to stay in. The track trailer stays and so does Ovals huge one. Oval should unload just as everyone else does.

i agree , some of us have gone to a great deal of expense to have enclosed trailers and we should be alowed to keep them inside . Now i do understand that some have stacker haulers and its hard to see over them , but a regular enclosed hauler (as long as its not placed on the backstretch) does not seem to cause any obstruction. I know this has been an old debate but you should also take into consideration that our trailers are as tall as the restrooms in the infield. I hope that someday this subject can come to some compromise.

my grandfather bought us an inclosed trailer last year for the truck, traveling series?

this year we will use it a whopping 4 times , because the travel fell off of the series?

like camo31 said they are not even as tall as the restrooms.

oh well next year we'll use it more.

Guest bigfat

How is the view from the bottom 10 or 15 rows of seats in the stands when the trailers are left in the pits? Has anyone sat there when a race is underway? If so, chime in please. Keith is really lazy.

Jody,

If I get to watch any of the races on Saturday nights, I usually sit on the second or third row near the flagstand. It's hard to see the back straightaway over the pickup trucks, much less anything higher. We have a lot of older folks who sit low, and we also have a handicapped section near the flagstand.

We know it's inconvenient for the racers to move their enclosed trailers outside, but it's also important that we make the entire racetrack as visible as possible for our fans. Oh by the way, by sitting low, I also get to hear many of the fan complaints when they don't like what they see (or don't see).

Guest bigfat

Well then it sounds like it's a must to remove them. Can yall at least get a golf cart (heavy duty variety) to chauffeur Keith back to his pit and maybe have some cool lemonade waiting there for him??????

Can yall at least get a golf cart (heavy duty variety) to chauffeur Keith back to his pit and maybe have some cool lemonade waiting there for him??????

Bigfat, we have a golf cart but as far as putting Keith on there...I will drive him around but he'll have to open up that wallet. lol

if i read right maybe some of the houston boys will be at sa this weekend.hope so

We might get a car or two but from what some of the guys I called on Thurs. night told me the 15th of July at Kyle might be our best car count. We are still working on it and those guy are always welcome. See yall Saturday.

Archived