Houston Cleanup

HOUSTONLM04

I'd like to publicly recognize the cleanup crew at HMP for a job well done on Saturday.

At 3pm, in a little over 1 hour, they took a track with nearly 2ft of standing water on it to race ready.

They put their full arsenal to work; sweeper, jet dryer, blower, tractor and of course man power. I had my doubts but every class got a 15 minute practice and the show started (and ended) on time.

I think the HMP crew has reset the bar... Indeed, a job well done!

I want to thank Graham and all the HMP crew for a job well done. The track was very good after the rain and clean-up and the entire night went very smooth. I have said it time and time again HMP is a great place to race.

Thanks

Jason Ray #77

I will say this, I didn't think we would get a race in. I was so confident that we wouldn't that I was still on the couch watching tv at 2pm in Willis! I hauled but to get down to the shop, load up, and get to the track to make it for practice!!! Good job HMP!!!!

why is there only 5 cars racing

I'm not sure which class you are talking about but we had 12 mods last weekend. On July 1st there is a $2000 to win in the modified class which should draw a good car count. Trust me this series and overall car count in all classes will continue to grow. But I do agree that the SLM's & trucks should be racing there, they always put on a good show.

Jason Ray #77

the biggest dissappointment for me and the hardest thing for me to understand is why we are not running at HMP ? still no clarification on the reasoning of it either.

I was talking about the late models with only 5.

Sorry, I have been so busy in the pits that I have not been able to watch any of the other races. I know with some of the changes in USRA rules that a few of those drivers have run down there in the Pro LM class. Hopefully they will get a higher car count down the road.

I think it's $2500 to win on July 1st -- 75 laps

More money and more laps, works for me. :):):) Just have to figure out how to make the car fast for 75, we are still working on the 50 (damn forward bite) :angry::angry:

Jason Ray #77

Archived