Texas Thunder Speedway Full Results

A record breaking crowd watched great feature racing and fourteen cars destroy themselves in the Big Texas Auto Plex Demolition Derby! And two Budweiser Racing Texas Twister's got new owners.

For immediate release

Contact Pat Wilson 254-290-6262

pwilson1@hot.rr.com

http://www.texasthunder.com

By Bill “Sarge” Masom

Killeen, Tx

On a night threatened with bad weather, 115 cars showed up for feature racing only. A record crowd of over 1850 race fans paid to see the show! And what a show they saw!

The night got started off with the Kwik Kar Oil & Lube Street Stocks. Eighteen cars lined up for fifteen laps. With the feature race only format, all grids were set by points. So points leader Albert Wininger Jr lead them of from pole. He would hold off a determined “Dashing” Dave Meadows and the defending champion, Robert Simmerman to take his third win of the year, and increased his points lead.

Kwik Kar Oil & Lube Street Stocks

1.40 Albert Wininger, Jr

2.74 Dave Meadows

3.1 Robert Simmerman

4.20 Trevor Sparkman

5.9 Carl Boettcher

6.T27 Tommy Garcia

7.63 Danny Dunn

8.43 Gene Burnett

9.00 Joe Fuller

10.8k Kevin Ashley

11.85 Corey Stepan

12.27 Tim Fasano

13.17 Ty Hawkey

14.19r Dean Silva

15.26 Scott Wilson

16.18 Pat Worthy

17.36x Lisa Parent

18.05 Ryan Anderson

Fourteen Hertz Rent A Car I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods were next to grid up for their fifteen lap feature. Keith White would have to work his way up through traffic from his ninth starting position to take his fourth win of the year. The 2005 National Champion was chased to the line by Billy With and Kenny Ware. Points leader Trace Crawford again had engine trouble for the third week in a row and could only manage an eleventh place finish, but he still has six markers over second in points Billy White.

Hertz Rent A Car I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods

1.1 Keith White

2.45t Eric Tomlinson

3.17w Billy White

4.83 Kenny Ware

5.Q1 Mike Wagner

6.231 Shad Stevens

7.27 Robert Carr

8.5 James Kemp

9.14 Chuck Schoenfeld

10.77 Larry Ware

11.63c Trace Crawford

12.07 Michael Walter

13.11w Kevin West

14.2 Brandon Stewart

Seventeen fire breathing, ground pounding, Dodge Country I. M. C. A. Modifieds lined up to do battle for twenty laps. Unfortunately, Robert Dose, in a brand new car, wouldn't get much further than the entrance to turn one. Dose rolled his ride twice and ended up shiny side down on the top of turn one. Fortunately for the San Antonio driver all the safety equipment mandated by I. M. C. A. and the track held up and he was able to walk away.

Pat McGuire matched points leader PJ Egbert's win total with his fourth win of the year. McGuire had to overcome a sixth place starting position and fierce competition to take the victory. He was chased to the checkered flag by George Egbert, Ken Old and Jarrod Jennings. Points leader PJ Egbert's night would go south with a flat tire late in the race.

Dodge Country I. M. C. A. Modifieds

1.9 Pat McGuire

2.70 George Egbert

3.52 Ken Old

4.98j Jarrod Jennings

5.44 Allen Waltermire

6.15 Andrew Simmerman

7.11 Wesley Hamilton

8.707 PJ Egbert

9.39 Paul Mullins

10.247 Bill Lecompte

11.27 Danny Gribble

12.78 Trevor Egbert

13.19 George Lamphere Jr

14.174 Mickey Helms

15.717 G.W. Egbert

16.24 Gary Simmerman

17.3d Robert Dose

Five Kwik Kar Oil & Lube Jr Mini Stocks battled for ten laps in their feature race. The youngsters put on a whale of a race, with the leader, Colton Monroe being hounded by Brad VanMarter most of the distance. Monroe had a car length lead going into turn three on the white flag lap when his engine went south. He tried his best to hold off VanMarter but would lose the race by three feet at the line. This is fifteen year old VanMarter's third win of the year.

Kwik Kar Oil & Lube Jr Mini Stocks

1.244 Brad VanMarter

2.712 Colton Monroe

3.14e Ryan Ellis

4.22 Joseph Chamock

5.4r Nathan Robbins

A record number of Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters took to the track for their fifteen lap feature race. Eighteen cars were on hand, in what has to be the fastest growing class of racing in the state. The top two in points put on a terrific battle for most of the fifteen laps as the race went flag to flag. Even though it was announced to the drivers that the top two cars were claimed, points leader Jessie Call and second in points, Larry Tuerck would not back off in their effort to win.

Tuerck would ultimately be just a bit better in lapped traffic than Call and he went on to earn his fourth victory of the year. In three of those four wins, Tuerck has had the winning car claimed from victory lane. He doesn't mind, as he bought the car race ready for $200. This was the first time in the short nine week history of the class that the there was two claims, with Call loosing his ride as well. Both drivers will be back next week with new cars, plus we should see their old rides, renumbered, racing as well.

Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters

1.2 Larry Tuerck

2.20 Jesse Call

3.107.3 Nasty Nate

4.F5 Chase Simpson

5.71 Chris Florio

6.3 Mike Sadler

7.88 Brian Mendenhall

8.7 Jared Bouchie

9.6 Sean Carr

10.171 Robert Embry

11.223 Howard Twardokus

12.37 James Deane

13.829 JD Hardcastle

14.1 Gary White

15.01 Eddie Pruett

16.95 Corey Homan

17.35 Kari Williams

18.11 Keith Desmarais

The Corbin & Associates, Atty's I. M. C. A. Stock Cars were next up for their fifteen lap feature. Nineteen cars lined up with points leader Eric Jones on the pole. He would pretty much run away from the field, from the drop of the green flag. Several yellow flags spoiled the furious racing going on behind Jones. The most spectacular incident was Scott Bowles rolling his car in turn three. He would go over once and landed back on his wheels. He was uninjured, but the car was done for the night.

Jones cruised to his third win of the year. Shad Stevens tried to get to Jones but couldn't get it done. Ron Simpson held off Benji Kirkpatrick for third.

Corbin & Associates, Atty's I. M. C. A. Stock Cars

1.84x Eric Jones

2.23 Shad Stevens

3.44 Ron Simpson

4.47 Benji Kirkpatrick

5.8 Vernon "Buck" Owens

6.86z Zana Craig

7.51j Jon Nelson

8.09 Gary "Storming" Norman

9.4 Jason Honey

10.517 Ed Keiner

11.1 PJ Egbert

12.318 Scott Bowles

13.C4 Cham Savage Jr

14.43 Jessie James Cox Jr

15.79x Anthony Otken

16.18k Tommy Honey

17.93 Jacob Dunn

18.3 Robin Rasmussen

19.80 Bradley Sims

Travis Zwiefelhofer led twelve Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks to the green flag for the final feature race of the evening. He would lead for awhile, until PJ Egbert finally put the repaired #712 Mini Stock into the lead. The third red flag of the night would be displayed for Eric Robbins Sr's roll over just past the flag stand on the front stretch. He too would benefit from the strict safety rules and walk away unharmed. Egbert was chased to the flag by T. Zwiefelhofer, Ronnie Ellis Jr and “Bam Bam” Tanner Reid.

Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks

1.712 PJ Egbert

2.20 Travis Zwiefelhofer

3.14 Ronnie Ellis Jr

4.244x Tanner Reid

5.5 David Stewart

6.44 Rickey Reid

7.202 Julie "Kelly" Zwiefelhofer

8.38 Daniel Shipler

9.32 Bill Siegman

10.9 Eric Robbins Sr

11.39x Jason Hoffman

12.1 Mike Autrey

The big finally was the only thing left, the Big Tex Auto Plex Demolition Derby. The standing room only crowd was buzzing from the fantastic racing they had witnessed. Fourteen cars were driving out to the front straight and lined up. At the end of the event, thirteen of those cars would never move again, and only one would still be running.

After a huge battle, Jerry Perry was able to finish off David Stewart's car. John Paul Luke was third and David Goode Jr's car was voted the best cartoon themed car.

Big Tex Auto Plex Demolition Derby

1.81x Jerry Perry

2.5 David Stewart

3.22 John Paul Luke

Join us next week as Dodge Country presents the I. M. C. A. Modified “King of the Hill”. These special races are always great crowd pleaser's. We will return to our regular race format, with both heat and feature races in most classes.

Gates open at 6:00 PM and racing starts at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $10 for Adults, $3 for kids 6-12 and kids under 6 are free. Season passes are available as well.

New for fans this year is the ability to purchase their tickets online with a credit card. Just go to the Texas Thunder Speedway web site, and click on the “Buy and Print Tickets” button. Also you can use your Visa or Master Card in the tracks souvenir and concession stands.

For all track information, weather, directions, and to purchase your tickets, go to http://www.texasthunder.com.

Texas Thunder Speedway is a 1/4 mile semi-banked oval dirt track. Races Every Saturday Night March through September! With Seven SUPER EXCITING classes of cars to entertain the entire family.

Featured classes include; Dodge Country IMCA Modifieds, Corbin & Associates, Attys IMCA Stock Cars, Hertz IMCA SportMods, Kwik Kar Oil & Lube Street Stocks, Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks, Jr Mini Stocks & Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters. Special Events designed especially for the kids as well as Powder Puff Races, Pit Crew Tire Contest and our all time crowd pleaser, the Demolition Derby.

Come join the fun, at Texas Thunder Speedway

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway PR/Media

Guest bigfat

Looks like this is the fastest growing class in Texas. Congratulations to TTS. It was still fun "discussing it" with you Sarge.

I wish I would have thought of that class when SAS got rained out Saturday. I could have probably driven up there and bought one on the spot.

How long does it take to get there from SA?

bigfat,

When I lived on Brooks AFB it would take me 2.5 hours to get to Killeen. I preferred taking 281 to Lampasses and then 190 over to Killeen. The I-35 to Georgetown to whatevertheheck to FT Hood/Killeen I didn't like. Much better in my opinion using 281.

PM me and I will give you Larry Tuerck's cell phone number. He told me that he will sell you a gutted car, with rollover hoop for $400. Just add belts and window net. $300 for a starter car (not gutted).

Or call Pat Wilson at 254-290-6262. He said he might know of a race ready car that is CHEAP! Or bring your cash and drive the winner's next week.

Hope you do come up and watch us some night. If'n ya do, come up to the booth and introduce yourself. Just ask for Sarge!

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Archived