Stock Car Challenge

KahneFan

Hey everyone, don't forget, this weekend is the last weekend of the 1st segment in the Stock Car Challenge. After this weekends race you MUST reselect a team. Even if you have a team that's worth a bajillion points, you have to build a new team. It's a way to even the playing field again.

Also, if you have't yet tried the challenge, but you want to, this is a way to hop in and be even with everyone again. You may want to join this weekend just so you can see how the selection process works. Once you've selected your team for segment 2 you can leave them alone for all 10 races, or reslect every race, your choice. If you want to know how to join, see the quote at the bottom of this message.

Remember, keep your total teams value at or below 100 points or that week's race will not count.

As always, it's free and fun.

If you've already joined, you don't have to re-register, you just have to reselect a team.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

ESPN has re-opened the Stock Car Challenge for the season. It's pretty cool. You pick 5 drivers each week, or keep the same ones, and you compete for points. It's free, and ESPN does the points system. All you have to do is sign up, pick your drivers and hope you win  :D .

If you would like to join us, click HERE, follow the steps of signing up then, once you get to the screen to select drivers, you will see "Create or Join a Group" Click that link. In the search field type "AustinFans" (all one word). It should find our group with that name. If you have any problems, let me know. As I said, it's free and easy. They also give away prizes to the top winners.

Step 1: Sign Up

Step 2: It will ask you to create an entry - click this

Step 3: Where it asks for "Location" - that will be your nickname (not sure why they ask location)

Step 4: click "Create or join a group"

Step 5: in the search field enter "AustinFans"

Step 6: Click on the title "AustinFans"

Step 7: Just below the Name is the motto, just below the motto is "join this group" - click that

Each week you have the option of selecting new drivers or keeping the same drivers. You can adjust your drivers all the way up to race time (not just race day).

Once you've joined, you can get back to the StockCarChallenge by going to...

http://games.espn.go.com/stockcar/group?groupID=32933

Don't forget you get a $100 salary cap. If you go over by even $.01, you will get a big goose egg... I know, I've done it    :P

Good job cheating... errr... I mean... winning :-)

1) Griffith - 8537 points 98.5%

2) Licata - 8469 points 97.4%

3) Crock - 8412 points 95.8%

And honorable mention to Johnny Clark. Although he missed the first race, he made his way up to 15th!! - 7991 points 71.0%

If you want to see how the first segment ended, you can see the results here...

http://games.espn.go.com/stockcar/group?groupID=32933

It appears ESPN changed their Stock Car Challenge this year. This year they have only 2 segments, not 3. They have a 26 race segment and a 10 race segment (the chase). Sorry if that messed anyone up. On to Pocono!!!

Archived