RAIN

Purestock3

How is the track looking from all of this rain. (infield)

How much is too Much.

How many days does it need to dry out.....or does it??

First year at STS, so I'm unfamiliar.

Just concerned about this weekend is all.

If you want to race I would say you may want to look at other tracks running, I am not calling it off yet because I have not been to the track yet but 11 inches at the airrport is what the radio is saying so the pits probably look like a lake. The track will be heavy, no dry slick this week. As soon as I get over there to take a look I will let everyone know what the plan is.

If we rain out this week we will race on June 17th, sorry if anyone made plans but we will have to make this up. Again I will let everyone know for sure as soon as I know.

Thanks

Owen

As posted on another forum, and I have verified this:

"HERE WE GO"

In rememberance of Steve, the Tomlinson Family (Peggy, Tommy, & Brad) have increased the purse at Rio Grande Speedway for this weekends show in McAllen, TX. They have added $1,000 to each class that Steve raced in. So it will be a $1,000 to win in the modifieds and a $1,000 to win in the limiteds.

This will be a great time to come on down and pay your respects to a very respected man.

Hey guys, this is the word from Owen himeself bc i just spoke to him. He said it is rained out for this saturday night. so modefieds and limited modeifieds feel free to go on down to the valley and support their races in memory of steve altho i dont know the status if they are still running. so anyways i will see yall on another saturday. also i will not see yall for the next 2 saturdays so i will miss being there. we are going to Mississippi to see some family. so i will see yall when i get back. have fun while i am gone. bye for now.

Anthony Carlisle, the lineup guy

I'm pumping out the pits as the water is not draining off fast enough. The pond is full as are the surrounding fields. Hope to be able to see grass in the pits by tonite or tomorrow, but will still be muddy. No one hate not having races this weekend more than Owen and myself.

Any of you wanted to race in the valley they are having a benifit race for Steve Tomlinson with an extra $ purse in his name.

For those of you who were unable to attend his funeral, it was impressive......He was not only a great racer, but from all indications a greater man.....He will be missed

Archived