alexander florida/ala experience

ups88john

just got back to texas and what a trip it was. we ran friday nite at p cola with the super stocks, started last and finished 6th with the wrong gear in the car. saturday we found another rearend with a different gear and headed to mobile. that is one fast track with some stiff competition, qualified 8th and finished 2nd in the heat race, then the steering box started acting up so we decided to load up after seeing a car flip and another almost flip. it was a blast and the hospitality at these tracks is unmatched. thanks to all that helped out, especially mr britt and james alanzo.

big john

the acts of kindness we had were crazy, competitors were coming up to us from the start bending over backwards. One of the car owners gave us a rear end to use saturday at mobile, and then another competitor let us change at his shop so we didn't have to do it at the track. It was kindess and sportsmanship that was insane.

Glad to see ya'll enjoyed it. Bet they liked the "Rebel Rocket".

We saw the same hospitality when we took the SLM to Mobile in '03. Great bunch of guys out there.

Ya'll got any waffle house stories to share?

Or did ya'll lock up Randy this time?

no good stories, one of the waitresses asked us why we were so quiet, we said u dont want us to get loud, she said she did. we eventually embarrassed her so much she wouldnt talk to us anymore. not really a good story, but if u were there it was a lil funny.

big john

Big John, I agree it was some trip but I believe everyone had a good time and can you believe the number of local cars, they had to run a consolation race for the bombers and take two out of it for the feature. Your team made a good showing for the first time there. Colt had a locker start giving trouble just before the mid-race stop, ten min. didn't give time to do much, Shawn said he could hear making a differnt sound .

Glad yall enjoyed the trip! Yall should come back for the doubleheader on the 26th and 27th. There will be alot of Texas Super latemodels here again. There are usually 15 to 20 SuperStocks in the pits so far this year. On the night yall came we only had 13 including your car for some reason.By the way, the car looked great!

Yeah just wanna say congrats to big bro on an awesome run at a new track with the wrong gear. Sounds like the whole gang had a blast. Wish i could have been there, damn work sucks! I need to quit my new job and go back to work for yall cuz there was never a dull moment at that race car shop. CONGRATS YALL!

Archived