ARTS race

ups88john

Big John,

I'm not sure what happened at the truck race. As far as THR goes, it was a crazy night - probably a good one for the fans. I think 9 out of 17 street stocks finished on the lead lap - several cars were torn up including ours. We were fortunate compared to some others. Some had some pretty bad structural damage - ours will be pretty easily repaired. Hopefully next week will be "cleaner."

In the late models, James Reeder set a fast time of around 15.89 but started 6th due to the invert. Michael Jones #27 snuck by on the last lap or two for the win followed by Leland Waddell and Robert Stewart. I heard Robert Stewart was not feeling well and had to go the the hospital after the races. Robert, I hope you are doing better today.

Donnie Meredith finished on top of the Street Stock feature but got bit in the tech garage. Buck Basey inherited the win followed by the 05 car of Currey then Don Banker and Doug Ayers. We ended up 10th - 1 lap down after some repair work in the pits.

David Hassinger won for the 2nd week in a row in Hobbies followed by Tom Reynolds and Tim Leonard. There was some talk of combining the hobbies and the pure stocks in future weeks, but I don't know any of the details. May JR or Tommy can fill us in on that stuff.

Chase

jon t won, we started on pole with invert. motor ran hot lead about 6 laps track was real dirty and very hot up there,probably about 105-106 heat index a million. not our motor so we chose to pull off with about 18 to go. congrats to BIG JON T. have to here from all sides on the race.NO COMMENT! ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO JON T AND FAMILY. :D

For those of you, like me, who don't know the "ARTS lingo" like GunDog.. :D

"Jon T." is actually Jon Garrett...LOL

Sorry, Gundog, but I wasn't sure who "Jon T." was until I checked the press release forum... :lol::lol::lol: Have a great Sunday, dude!

Keep on truckin'.....!!! :D

what's up gundog-we fired up the 42 this afternoon-back in action-also thanks to big jon garrett and his dad for the help and congrats to the rose city racing team on their win at red river sat nite-see everybody this coming sat nite at thr

about combining the pures and the hobbies...they just don't know what to do about the pure stock car count. so they are probably going to make the pure stocks go to hobbies but give them a couple of weeks notice to fix the car or start a bomber class. ...nothing is for sure yet.

this is for the two or so people that keep bashing the 10 truck i work on this truck , and i know for a fact he does not try to wreck any body because he knows how much work goes in to these trucks ,he tries his best to race the other guys the way they would like be raced againced .and to top it all off jason put out a thread stating no bashing and all that good stuff but it is still going on i would like to know why it is happing still.

louis

Louis,

There are different perspectives in any form or racing. We attempt to honor all perspectives as long as the writer refrains from bashing or violating the rest of the TSZ guidelines.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

jason

the way people word things they make it in to bashing by twisting their word and its always the same people going after the 10 truck and their never at the races . the only reason i was not at the last two races was because of moving .but i will be at the rest of the races this season. and i hope these people can learn not to say hear say unless it is for the driver invalved who comes to the speed zone and saya what happened ,because you dont see me coming on here and saying he or she did this ,its not on me to do that it should be between the drivers not us all it does is doing is starting things that dont need to go on. i hope yal see where im coming from

louis

nick

yes i do understand what your saying and i try not to go at the ones who say things and i just say how i feel about thing and leave it at that you have seen how i do things ,i dont try to start things i do my best to tell things like they are .i hope you understand where im coming from too

i apologize louis, i was at the sas race where the truck mentioned earlier was directly involved in a accident. I was not able to make the race this past weekend, and if hearing it from another driver is hear say, well i guess it is. if you were offended i am sorry, i will not post any more.

big john

we wish ppl stop this bashing now cause its making me mad as hell to know #10 like i do he dont drive like that why you are jeolous cause #10 is the points leader I AM VERY VERY HAPPY HE IS THE POINTS LEADER :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

I never saw the #10 truck intentionally cause a wreck. If you are referring to the race Saturday night. The rotors were glowing red on the truck, like other trucks and the race went from green to checkered. Which was great. The track was very dusting. Good luck to all in Kyle. :)

ricky jenkins,

There are ALWAYS at least two perspectives on any racing incident. Just because someone asks if a driver put someone into the wall does not mean they are jealous or being aggressive. In fact, I think if you go back and read the posts in this thread, you will see that the people who were asking about a racing incident they had heard about never claimed to be at the race. They were simply asking what happened based on what they "heard."

I'm happy that you're so happy that your driver is in the points lead. Please keep you messages here a little less aggressive and I'll be even happier!

Nick Holt

Men Men Men I swear yall are something else... Yall need to read what is being said then make an opinion... I do agree with you Nick in alot of ways... Maybe the thread needs to be locked before it gets worse

Just an opinion Ty

JJ :D

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT LAST WEEKEND IF I MAY. BECAUSE I WAS WATCHING MY TRUCK I DIDNT SEE THE CONTACT BETWEEN THE 10 AND THE 30 TRUCK. I WILL TELL U WE GOT INTO THE 2 TRUCK NOT INTENTIONALLY,THE 99 GOT INTO US NOT INTENTIONALLY, AND AFTER THE RACE G.W. CAME UP TO JON AND SAID SORR I GOT INTO YOU. JON LAUGHED AND SAID YOUVE HIT ME HARDER THAN THAT BEFORE,THE BOTH LAUGHED AND WENT ON. AS I SAID EARLIER THE TRACK WAS A SKATING RINK, AND JUST MAYBE THE 10 TRUCK WASHED UP. SO IM THINKING WE ALL NEED TO SHOW UP AT KYLE, RACE AS HARD AS WE CAN, RACE AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE. LAST WEEK IS A MEMORY! THANKS FOR LETTING ME PUT MY 2CENTS IN

I dont see why the heck everyone B*tches and moans becasue someone hit them or what not..Racing is a sportm thats all. I could see someone complaing about it if thats how they made thier living. But at this stage it is mearly a hobby. It would have to take someone dumb that dirt to intentionaly wreck someone else knowing that in order to do so,..you would have to mess up your vehicle as well. I dont know from experiance, but as far as im told, it used to be if someone hit you on accident, then you go over and appologize, not go up to the person that hit you and start talkin trash and get in a fight with them..

Just my opinion..

Jonathan

I think theres a diffrence jcleaver in just rubbing and then getting taken out of a race. Bumping and rubbing is ganna happen but sometimes it goes too far. And as far as it being a hobby yes it is but you gotta look at it as you worked your tail off all week after coming home from work just to get your racecar out there and then to get taken out. You tell me that you would just be like " o well, its just a hobby." I know that I probally wouldnt. But hey thats just my 2 cents on this subject. Hopefully everyone has a good safe race tonight. Good Luck to everyone. - Colt

Archived