What's Up With the Trucks?

ingrammagic

I just wanted to know the common denominator for all of the owners that are selling their trucks? I mean there are so many trucks up for grabs.

Also does anyone know of anyone that is willing to donate some equipment for a black driver. I am trying to get into racing (Legends or Allison Legacys), but am married with a son trying to work and in college and as you can see have expenses in more important priorities. I am 24 years old (I know this is old for starting out) and am really looking for some help.

Thank you for even reading this far. I know this may be a long shot, but maybe someone can help me out. I am looking to obtain anything to help achieve this goal - advise, a helmet, gloves, shoes, hell even a Legend or Legacy car (maybe there is someone out there).

832-372-4804 or ingrammagic@yahoo.com

Edited by ingrammagic

I don't think it is necessary to mock someone for wanting a little input or needing a little help to get ino this sport. Yes we all need a little help and more money to achieve what need to. We could use another sponsor of course.

My advice for you is to make yourself available to the class you would like to get into. Come to the Legacy Series and hang out with all of us on race days. Make yourself known, so people can put a face to the person asking for help. It will come.

Good Luck

and if all else fails finish college, while learning about race cars along the way, get established with a good job, buy your own car. get after it. I hate to say it with the exeception of a few, most of everyone who races spends there own money or owns there own business to fund it. even the best local drivers funded there own cars until they picked up a good sponsor. you might can pick up a few small ones along the way. but either way good luck to you. the driver for diversity would probably give you a good start.

It's not about "black and white"....It's about what can you do for me now day's...let me ask you....can you drive?

If you can, dig,scrimp, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, what ever it take's to race......IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT TO DO...GET-ER-DONE DUDE!!!!!!!!

it will probably be hard to get sponsors if you have never raced before because the company will be giving money to an unknown.......if you can maybe get toether a grand stock car and run it for a little while so you can get seat time and also get your self out in front of the people, maybe then you can start hitting up folks for sponsorship after you prove what you can do.........and if you build a grand stock that will be able to be converted to hobby and then maybe street stock, you might come out a little better in the long run..........good luck to you on whatever you decide to do...........

Ingram,

A very close friend of mine wrote a very good essay of the efforts he undertook to try to get sponsorship or a ride, only to be mocked for it by racers who don't make the same efforts (if any at all), and then gripe that they can't find any sponsors. I will P.M. it to you here.

Edited by txtom

ingrammagic,

If you don't have a lot of extra time on your hands, (and with a family and college I bet you don't), the best advise is to stay in college and help someone at a local track near your home. This way you can learn, stay close to home, and when the time is right you might get a chance to race.

Direct-Flo was in my pit crew in the mid 80's and towards the end of the year he climbed in the car to have some fun. He now races his own car.

A few years ago, I began helping some friends and after a year or so was offered a ride by one of his competitors. It can happen.

Good Luck, but take care of the family & college first.

Mel