THR Meeting

jp17

Hello JP. I felt as if the meeting went well. There wasn't any "Bitching" going on. I do feel that there were not enough drivers and crewmembers attending this meeting. I was the only TSRS driver there, But I am also a weekly driver at this track too, and only a hand full of other local drivers as well. I thought there should have been more drivers and crewmembers there to help support our fast growing sport. As far as the meeting and their topics of conversation, it went over nicely, there were some really good ideas, and a few not so good ideas. You know how that goes. The entire meeting was positive, and constructive.

You know it’s really up to all the racers, crews and families to help support the local tracks, and not destroy them by all rumors and whining that goes on. WE all know that racing is an emotional sport and tempers can get out of hand. I would just think that if we (the racers) want to race, then why do we bitch so much about different calls and situations? I know from personal experience that sometimes calls are not mad in our favor, and but the next week it may be in our favor. So all in all, I am just saying lets pull together as a group of racers and supporters and make our racing community a better place to race.

Well put Robert. I also believe that there should have been more racers and crew there, but you weren’t the only TSRS driver there. Teresa Gural was also there. Tommy was planning on coming, but instead, he was at home putting together a motor so they can run at THR this weekend. Hope to see everyone out at the track this weekend.

Jack (Pete)

I'm not sure on any seat improvements. I know they have some ideas on what to do about them, but as far as actual improvements and a time frame on which something may be done about it; I have no answer for you.

Now about you first question. There was talk about some different type of classes of car to have run. Some of us liked it, and others thought it may make the show too long and the crowd gets bored and not want to sit in the stands for length of time. There was talk about general track facility improvements, and free passes to the stands, some talk about drivers taking their cars out to events to promote the track, and in return the track will help with pit admission for the driver. There were tons of ideas and thoughts on how to improve our local track; it's now up to us as a racing community to help out. We all have trades and time to share, so lets volunteer our time and effort to the track. And it does not need to be all your spare time, just a small amount of time. For example, I personally did tons of welding for THR.

There are many jobs to be done.

OOPS you are correct about Teresa. Sorry about that Teresa. That’s great to hear that you all are going to be there this weekend. Darn we may have to park on the other side; we have been parking in your spot to stay out of the sun.

chuck, i think what robert was trying to say was, there should of been more tsrs people, more thr people, more sas people, more hms people, more romco people ect. I was there, guess i could of said i was the only tsrs crewmember.

big john

Chuck I see you are a big supporter of THR, if I am not mistaken, Were you there or not? I’m thinking not. So why are you so worried about TSRS? You need to learn listen. I was not talking about TSRS or THR. In general, I was talking about the attendance of the meeting. I must say again, why are people talking on their computer but don't show up to voice their own opinion? Where were you???

I race for THR and TSRS. I don’t care who it is. I love to race, and I'm going to race for whom ever when ever. I have been at THR from the beginning. Not everyone can say that. If you need to chat with me I would be more than happy to chat.

Chuck,

I was going to attend as a representative of both TSZ and TPS and as a friend of Brian's, but I am in Maine right now and it would have taken me three days to drive there and three days to drive back (2400 miles each way!) :rolleyes:

By the way, was Neil Upchurch there?

Nick Holt

Archived