ALL INVOLVED RULE

flyingaces

I sure was glad to see this rule taken away. kudos to who decded to drop this. Saturday night was a good example of how a driver can be running good and his own line and get the raw end of the deal when he was not at fault. it was like getting punished for being in a good spot. but thanks to the new rule change that didnt happen. :D:D:D

There will always be legitimate debate over the use of mirrors in stock car racing. There will be some who use mirrors to "mirror drive," while there will be others who insist that it's essential to know where the other cars are in relation to yours.

Nick Holt

Guest bigfat

This will be a great debate if we can keep it civil. I'm of the opinion that if you'r mirror driving or blocking don't throw a fit when you get spun. There's always two sides of a story and they seldom match. You can push a guy up the hill if you do it right or you can spin him out either by your mistake or him not being able to handle the push. I noticed quite a bit of banging in the sprotsman race Saturday night. I don't remember anyone getting spun but there was some close calls. Faster cars coming to the front and slower cars not wanting to just move out of the way. They are all competitors and own the spot until you take it from them.

I think radios are essential in the Sportsman and Late Models. You really need to know when you're clear to move back down to the bottom of the track. It also is a huge help when the green is dropped and when there's a caution.

Charlie and Jody,

You both bring up good points. In the trucks we can run mirrors pretty much where we want to. With that said, radios are the number one thing that every team should have. But radios too can be ABUSED. There are drivers that drive by their mirrors and then there are drivers who drive by where their spotter tells them the guy behind them is looking. Oh then there are teams who listen to what line another team is taking and adjust accordingly.

It's all part of racing...

I felt bad for both Mark and Keith Sat. night... Many people in the stands were saying that the Sportsman races are becoming the most fun to watch... See you guys in two weeks...

Now that the all involved rule is gone, which I totally agree with, the officials are going to have to pay closer attention to the car in front to make sure they are not adjusting their line in every corner to block a potential pass.

This poses another issue: When do you send them both to the back?

KISS: Sportsman's are where the racing is at right now! Definitely. Get 5-10 more cars out there and they might have to change the purse structure. Obviously the race fans will come out to see true stock car racing in the sportsman division. The "Joe Show" is pretty boring from a fan's perspective. Not taking anything away from that team, they've got their stuff together.

THIS JUST IN.......... JODY STUART PICKS UP MAJOR SPONSER FROM DIARY QUEEN. WAY TO GO JODY!!! NOW YOU CAN PUT THE DQ ON YOUR HOOD :o:huh::P:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ROTFLMAO

ALL JOKES ASIDE I KNOW IT WAS OVER SIGHT AND NOT INTENTIONALLY DONE BY JODY OR HIS CREW. SHAKE IT OFF AND GO GETTEM NEXT TIME ;)

14theroad-

You send 'em both to the back when the officials can't tell who was at fault. (Otherwise known as the "all-involved" rule.)

Under some circumstances (no one other than the two cars that got together), you might put them back in their spots, but warn them that if they get together again, they will both go to the back. This is known as "officials making judgment calls."

Funny, there's no way to avoid having officials make calls, is there?

This poses another issue: When do you send them both to the back?

Thankfully, Rick Day has been calling stock car races for several years. He knows perfectly well that brake checks and mirror driving occur, particularly with the more experienced drivers. And he also knows that there are drivers who are very good at spinning at the slightest of contact (or no contact) in order to get a faster car sent to the rear.

So, to answer your question, both cars will be sent to the back unless it is obvious who was "at fault." And of course, there will always be differences of opinions as to who was at fault. When making the announcement that the USRA and SAS would be going to the "judgment call" system, it was made very clear that whatever judgment calls are made would be final and not subject to dispute.

Nick Holt

Jody,

We feel your pain Bro' we had that "LABEL" last year. Eric keeps joking about putting the "CLUTCH" back in... :D I feel bad for Mark because he had a fast car and was on the move. I feel bad for Keith because Keith will ALWAYS give room. Every time we've raced and Keith was a car we were passing he would race us, but give us the line. Sat. night was one of those racing things and both of them are friends, I have no side to take in this one. It was and is truely a racin deal.

14theroad,

We are honored to be points leader for the moment in the Sportsman class. We also realize that there are a bunch of other great drivers including Allen, Tator, Mark, Keith, Greg and others that we race with. Also along the lines of the "Joe" show. Joe and his crew have helped out many people in the past. They have put a lot time, effort, blood and sweat into their program... "WAY TO GO JOE!!!!!"

Guest bigfat
THIS JUST IN.......... JODY STUART PICKS UP MAJOR SPONSER FROM DIARY QUEEN. WAY TO GO JODY!!! NOW YOU CAN PUT THE DQ ON YOUR HOOD :o:huh::P:D:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ROTFLMAO

ALL JOKES ASIDE I KNOW IT WAS OVER SIGHT AND NOT INTENTIONALLY DONE BY JODY OR HIS CREW. SHAKE IT OFF AND GO GETTEM NEXT TIME ;)

This just in: Charlie Earnhardt caught crabs at the coast. :P

Yes sir Charlie. I'm going to get one of THRs trophies Saturday. The 83 car called me and asked if I had a bigger trophy case he could borrow. OUCH.

Eric keeps joking about putting the "CLUTCH" back in

he might as well put it back in, i heard they arent really teching the sportsman and late models too close this year..........hahahaha

that was a good one charlie............sorry to hear you got dq'ed jody, im sure it was an honest mistake, there is always next time............

Kiss,

Dang it, I guess that means that I have to go pull the motor out of Jamie's car and put new rods in it!!!!!

I wish that was all that it needed. Anybody want a crank that is in a bunch of pieces? It would make a nice lawn ornament. Special deal today, it you buy the crank, I will throw in a block and oil pan also. If you buy within the next 2 hours, you can have the pistons and use as boat anchors. Don't miss out on this good deal, only offered today.

I have to go harrass that "cheater" now. :)

If I win are back out will you be sending out a negative on my screen name? Oh wait this isn't EBAY I forgot. Don't know how well it would go over, but maybe consider having him autograph the parts and give them to kids for suveniors(sp?)

That's an idea. Do you know a kid that can carry the cracked block or broken crank? I will have Jamie paint his name on it. Pistons and rods have sharp edges, I think I will find other ways to get rid of those parts.

I will most definitly send a negative post to your screen name if you back out on the bid.LOL

When we were at SAR for the IHRA nationals, kids were bringing stuff back by the arm fulls. Pistons, rods, tires and all kinds of JUNK!

You wouldn't be the first one thats reported me. I've been called by the Principal and the Vice Principal!

AIN'T SKEER'D! :P

Archived