Another night at the Sand pit!

Brightlights

I feel that everyone in attendance at the races last night should get their money back. The track was terrible, I give them a "F" for the way it was prepared. This was my second time and last time to attend races at I-37, everytime it been the same thing.

My question is, "why not get someone that know what they are doing to set up the track"??????(cause it's not getting done at the present time, at all). [edited out by Nick Holt, 4/23/06]

I-37 you need help if you plan on making it!

lol brh.

..evolution and brightlights...yall missed week 2 I take.... it was good...we need fans and growth,,,hope your decisions aren't final....

The track did come apart in 3 and 4 making big ruts...dust was there , but no where near 1st week,,,if 3 and 4 hadn't rutted up the track wasnt that bad...it was not super tack by any means,,,but was dryslick... which i like.(makes big horsepower motors and and smaller ones more equal... :D )

As for the positives you gotta remember Ed is working with a horrible drought year. He has been trying different things with the track...He also explained how much work he had done all week to prepare the track...If you know anything about dirt tracks..you know track prep is not easy...I admit frank made some damn good track surfaces last year, but I aint gonna fault Ed for workin hard and trying to figure it out.He mentioned a few things that he will try different for the next week..He will get it down...

ed is trying hard to do the best he can. with it being so dry he is running out of water.i'll give a little credit their. only problem we had, was the track spotters need to watch the whole track .our car blew up and exited to the pits then caught fire an died right at the exit no body saw it . then the push truck did not have a fire extinguisher that worked . real safe!!!

The track was definitely not at its best. Had to re-align

the rear end and retighten several nuts and bolts from all the jarring that took place, replace two shocks and one blown out tire so far.

Not bad Gary at least you can make $80.00 To replace all that stuff.

I am going to teach you DIRT 101 SON!!!

That was a direct quote from Ed to Frank. I think Ed needs a little teaching now!!!!

It was better than the last time, Ed will find a way to keep improving.

That's what everybody was saying about these exact same problems 3-4 years ago!

Dryslick -- OK

Ruts -- unfortunate but can be taken as a driving challenge

Dust impairs visibility -- I will NOT drive under those track conditions. Fans will NOT come back. Totally unacceptable. There are other tracks.

If I felt there was a lack of effort I would agree with all of you. But, the fact is Ed is trying.

With that said , I aggree fans and drivers will demand a better surface and condition for racing on and watching from stands. Week 2 was a good night,no dust or ruts. Hopefully he can get it squared away soon. Also , things have been running pretty smoothly at the track, besides the track surface issues. There are other tracks, but this is the track I wanna run at, and hopefully things will continue to get better. Also. in the super stock main dust wasn't a visibility issue.

yes the track surface has been less than desirable these first few weeks.

last winter when frank ran the track we had one of the wettest winters in a long time . that put a lot of moisture in ground. also raised the water table for the well.

thanks to mother nature the water is not there this year. there were plenty of rainouts last year also. there were some nights there was so much water on track, you would have thought it should have been rained out.

i will take a rough dry track any day over a wet, sloppy or tacky track.

as far as pay no good, we got full purse 2 out of three nights even though we did not meet the posted minimum car count. so as long as they keep working on improving track condition and keep teching the cars like they have been without looking the other way when the track favorite was illegal, we will continue to support track.

for those of you that do not race i-37 or support it, go to your favorite track's website and post about how good you think it is.

so braunfels 99,what part was well said?.we did not race last winter for one.we started watering on wednsday,not fridays,point two.we ran out of water many times,but we would fill at the county water line at the tracks entrance....... and if i remember correct the BIG TIRED cars did not like it dry.is that not what you two raced LAST SUMMER?....i haved stayed out of the tracks this and that.but saying this happed and that happened i will respond to.fans hated the dust .we are in the debt of the fans.we need them to make it.and we also graded the track on saturdays to not have ruts.if it rained after that we did it again to treat the drivers with respect.we can go on and on,but we ran it like a buiseness,and some would have it different.i treated catch22 with respect,still do.but i could not please all.i know catch 22 wanted a fire truck there.i agree he is right.but could not get it priced right.but i can say ALL our fire extinquisuers worked...do the now? frank t.

lol...Why do you reference me?... I Have never said anything bad about you...and I never said anything last year to you about what track surface I preferred. I supported the track last year and now support Ed.

Was just glad to see someone else supporting the track I wanna run at...

it was a question to you since you replied it was well said to catch22.....nothing about disrespect to you or anyone.i support ED too.have i printed anything against ED?.and i just wanted to let all know where the water was since they seem to have forgotten where the feeder line is.just helping out......frank t.

Archived