crate engines

jracer98

Without going down the road of whether they are "the saving grace" or "the ultimate evil", how many teams in USRA slm and modifieds along with the SAS late models use the gm604?

Also, did you retire a useable engine to do so?

Thanks for the info.

Jay

Are all the Houston mods crates...none are running the grandfathered for one year 2 bbl?

Why would the x tams cars run the crate right away?

Just asking...

Jay

No, the HMP Mods are about 50/50 crates to 2bbls -- a 2bbl won the first week and a crate won last week

And I think HMP sells the 400 crate all in for about 5k and the 350 for 3k. They have a price sheet on their web site.

Thanks 04.

Nick, Somewhat related...could the type of engine package used be included in the finishing results for the slm, lm, mods and trucks in the "box score"?

Jay

Jay,

Perhaps the Scoring Department and the Tech Department can get together to provide this info in the USRA results.

I will check on this.

Nick Holt

A suggestion...we used to have to declare the engine details on the entry form (for example: 311 cu in "compression" or 358 9 to 1, etc.). That way the info would be available in advance.

I'm aware that it is extra work but it would be of interest to a lot of people in these transitional times.

Thanks

Jay

Edited by jracer98