Texas Pro Sedans race

Texas Pro Sedans at Thunder Hill Raceway on April 29th

San Antonio, Texas

Saturday night, April 29th will mark the return of a popular touring series to the 2006 Thunder Hill Raceway schedule. The Texas Pro Sedans will hold the fourth 2006 event in their 31st consecutive racing season at the Kyle, Texas 3/8 mile asphalt oval. The event will be the first of five TPS series races hosted by Thunder Hill Raceway during the 2006 racing season.

The Texas Pro Sedans racing format will consist of 2 – 8 lap Qualifying Heat Races at approximately 6:00pm followed by a 20 Lap Feature Race for the four cylinder TPS series stock cars later in the THR racing schedule.

Many of drivers and cars who competed in the first three TPS races, which were held at San Antonio Speedway, will compete in the April 29th race at Thunder Hill Raceway. A field of 24 drivers have filed their entry.

The entry list includes the driver who has won the first three 2006 TPS season races:

Donnie Moore of Hutto won the first, second and third TPS races at San Antonio Speedway on March 11 and April 15. He will again be at the controls of the George Merrell #70 VW Scirocco. Moore leads the TPS points chase for 2006. Other highly ranked drivers in points include:

Jack Dishman of Devine, Texas will drive his #2 Ford Mustang. He has nailed down two second place and a sixth place finish during the first three races. His last TPS victory came at Thunder Hill Raceway in 2005 in the same black Ford Mustang. Jack is 2nd in TPS points.

Jack’s son Bryce Dishman also competes in TPS races in his #1 Ford Mustang. His 2006 season record includes a 12th, 4th and 2nd place finish. He is 3rd in TPS Championship Points.

A longtime TPS driver is Jamie Garner of San Antonio. Garner drives the #33 bright yellow 2005 VW Sedan. He holds down a fourth place points ranking through the first three races.

Tied for 5th in the points chase are Randy Larsen from Wimberley and last years TPS “Rookie of the Year” Tom Johnson of Kingsland.

A full racing program is scheduled on April 29. The USRA Super Late Models make their first 2006 appearance at Thunder Hill Raceway, D shaped oval. Also on the race program is a new series, the Sportsman Modified cars and the THR Street Stocks, Hobby Stocks, Grand Stocks. Allison Legacys and NASKARTS Go Carts are also scheduled to race on April 29th

Heck yes,I will be bringing Herb and some new changes to help the car handle better,the question on everyones mind that likes aircooled cars is will Lanny be showing up or has the red #18 Ghia been sold to a 4-cylinder museum?Maybe the car has been scooped up by aliens,or it possibly has just become a coffee table or some other peice of furniture???????? :blink: Now that I am done harrasing you,I see you enjoyed the race at San Antonio,but did not even come to the pits to say hello...........you better be ready for Thunderhill,get that Larsen built oval rocket out of the garage and come race with us...............Randy #53

Randy Larsen - The #18 Karmen Ghia/2275cc driven by Lanny Young of Kingsland, Texas, became the 24th entry this week for the Texas Pro Sedans race at Thunder Hill Raceway on Saturday night, April 29th.

entry list certified by:

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

If I get back from Europe in time, I can have the #78 bug at the race. That way every body has a car they can beat. We spent last week in Venice, snow skiied in Cortina. Posting tonite from Ramstien Germany.

Whats the difference between Thunder Hill and CCMS. You guys should already know what I am looking for. Can you run the same gear at both tracks? Neon Will

CCMS is a 1/4th mile track. THR is a big 3/8th mile track. You will need to change gears.

Will, It may be as easy as just using third instead of second, I don't know what the Neon uses for those gears or what you're RPM range is.. A total around 6-6.5 as suggested by Mike would get you somewhere between 6000-7000 depending on tires size and how strong the motor is..

Archived