Texas Thunder Speedway Results

Texas Thunder Speedway Official Results 4-8-06

For immediate release

Contact Pat Wilson 254-290-6262

pwilson1@hot.rr.com

http://www.texasthunder.com

By Bill “Sarge” Masom

Killeen, Tx

The racing was great as Kwik Kar Oil & Lube sponsored the racing at the best little ¼ mile dirt track on the planet! The fans were amped up and the drivers seemed to feed off the energy as they put on another fantastic night of racing.

Special guests at the speedway were the Brazos Mini Sprint Association. They may be small in size, but they are very big in excitement! Thank you from everyone at Texas Thunder Speedway for the great racing by these fine racers!

After the heats were over, the Jr Mini Stocks were the first to hit the track for their feature race. These car are completely legal to race in the Cottman Transmissions Mini Stock class. The youngsters did a fine job in running their ten lap feature race. Though he tried hard, last weeks winner, Colton Monroe, came up one spot short in his effort at being the tracks first repeat winner this year. Brad VanMarter would hold him off and take his first victory of the season.

Jr. Mini Stocks

1.244 Brad VanMarter

2.712 Colton Monroe

3.22 Joseph Chamock

4.14 Clayton Harzog

5.4r Nathan Robbins

6.14e Ryan Ellis

The Kwik Kar Street Stocks were the next to take to the track. Eighteen of these fast and furious machine raced fifteen laps in their feature race. Joe Fuller would take the lead, getting by outside pole sitter Albert Wininger Jr on lap 9 as the leaders were in very heavy lapped traffic. Wininger would chase Fuller hard, but would come up one car length short in his bid.

Kwik Kar Oil & Lube Street Stocks

1.00 Joe Fuller

2.40 Albert Wininger, Jr

3.20 Trevor Sparkman

4.121 Tim Worthy

5.67 Joe Horne

6.82 Lee Chasse

7.9 Carl Boettcher

8.7 Jeremy Adkins

9.26 Scott Wilson

10. 96 Paul Kohl

11. 74x Danny Kasprowitz

12. 63 Danny Dunn

13. 27 Tim Fasano

14. 1 Robert Simmerman

15. 36x Lisa Parent

16. 05 Ryan Anderson

17. 69x Brian Fuller

18. 43 Gene Burnett

The Corbin & Associates, Atty's I. M. C. A. Stocks were next to thrill the fans in their fifteen lap feature race. Last weeks winner, Eric Jones had problems in his heat race and had to start shotgun on the sixteen car grid. He would make hay while his could, getting to 5th place by lap 8, and then to 4th by lap 10. But his charge to the front would get blunted, and he wouldn't get any higher. As the white flag waved, it was Shad Stevens and Jacob Dunn battling hard for the win, with Stevens just nipping Dunn by a ½ car length.

Corbin & Associates, Attys I. M. C. A. Stock Cars

1.23 Shad Stevens

2.93 Jacob Dunn

3.8 Vernon "Buck" Owens

4.84x Eric Jones

5.58 DJ MacWilliams

6.3 Robin Rasmussen

7.44 Ron Simpson

8.09 Gary "Storming" Norman

9.51 Donald Lewis

10. 86z Zana Craig

11. 318 Scott Bowles

12. 20c Chris Lanham

13. c4 Cham Savage Jr

14. 79 Justin McGehee

15. 43 Jessie James Cox Jr

16. 7e Fred Ellis

Seventeen of the alcohol burning, fire breathing, ground pounding Dodge Country I. M. C. A. Modifieds were the next to put on an exciting show for the fans with their twenty lap feature race. Pole sitter Dan Roberts would lead the first five circuits until outside pole sitter, Pat McGuire got by him in turn two. McGuire would stretch out his his lead over Roberts and PJ Egbert who were fighting hard for the second spot. Nobody would have anything for McGuire and he cruised to his first victory in Killeen of the year.

Dodge Country I. M. C. A. Modifieds

1.9 Pat McGuire

2.25 Dan Roberts

3.707 PJ Egbert

4.27 Danny Gribble

5.15 Andrew Simmerman

6.52 Ken Old

7.78 Trevor Egbert

8.71 Glenn Derks II

9.7 J.D. Schiels

10. 37 Ben Ketteman

11. 247 Bill Lecompte

12. 20x Chuck Bish

13. 717 G.W. Egbert

14. 17m Rick Michael

15. 66 Chuck Bayles

16. 44 Allen Waltermire

17. 19 George Lamphere Jr

The newest I. M. C. A. class, the I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods to race at Texas Thunder had ten cars in their fifteen lap feature. On the drop of the green flag, Mike McDougal made a power move around Eric Tomlinson in turn two and took the lead. Tomlinson would be under tremendous pressure the rest of the race as three cars battled all race long for the second place. In the end, McDougal would be first to the checkered flag, with Tomlinson holding off Kevin West and Trace Crawford.

Hertz Rent A Car I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods

1.424 Mike McDougal

2. 45t Eric Tomlinson

3. 11w Kevin West

4.63c Trace Crawford

5.66 Johnny Tores

6.231 Shad Stevens

7.83 Kenny Ware

8.14 Chuck Schoenfeld

9.77 Larry Ware

10. 17w Billy White

The Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks had a ringer in the field as they came out for their night ending fifteen lap feature. I. M. C. A. Modified driver, PJ Egbert was driving his brother, Colten Monroe's Jr. Mini Stock. It would be the former National I. M. C. A. Modified Rookie of the Year and track champion first ever start in a Mini Stock. Billy White would get the early lead from his third starting spot before he would spinning out in turn 2. On the restart, PJ Egbert would get the lead in turn 2. Lap 13 would see week one winner, Travis Zwiefelhofer and Mike Autrey having contact in turn two, with Zwiefelhofer coming out the better in that exchange. Last weeks winner, Julie “Kelly” Zwiefelhofer would end her night stuffed into the front straight wall just at the flag stand. The young lady would be fine. T. Zwiefelhofer would throw everthing including the kitchen sink at Egbert but couldn't find a way around. egbert proved that he can drive just about anything as he pulled into victory lane for his first ever Mini Stock win.

Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks

1.712 PJ Egbert

2.20 Travis Zwiefelhofer

3.44 Rickey Reid

4.1 Mike Autrey

5.9 Eric Robbins Sr

6.43 Joseph Gregoire

7.81 Michael Crandall

8.17 Billy White

9.202 Julie "Kelly" Zwiefelhofer

10. 14 Ronnie Ellis Jr

Next week is the debut of the Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters! These are cars that race, not race cars. After the first night of racing, anyone with $500 cash can claim a car. The first to present the money to Promoter Pat Wilson will buy the winner's car. If more than one person presents money, the second one will claim the second place car in the feature. This is the cheapest way to go racing! You don't need to have any knowledge in car building, as you can buy one, race ready for $500 dollars.

Also next week the racing is sponsored by The National Banks of Central Texas. Be sure to bring the kids, as Ace Hardware brings them the Easter Egg Scramble.

New for fans this year is the ability to purchase their tickets online with a credit card. Just go to the Texas Thunder Speedway web site, and click on the “Buy and Print Tickets” button. Also you can use your Visa or Master Card in the tracks souvenir and concession stands.

Gates open at 6:00 PM and racing starts at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $10 for Adults, $3 for kids 6-12 and kids under 6 are free. Season passes are available as well.

For all track information, weather, directions, and to purchase your tickets, go to http://www.texasthunder.com

Texas Thunder Speedway is a 1/4 mile semi-banked oval dirt track. Races Every Saturday Night March through September! With Seven SUPER EXCITING classes of cars to entertain the entire family.

Featured classes include; Dodge Country IMCA Modifieds, Corbin & Associates, Attys IMCA Stock Cars, Hertz IMCA SportMods, Street Stocks, Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks, Jr Mini Stocks & Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters. Special Events designed especially for the kids as well as Powder Puff Races, Pit Crew Tire Contest and our all time crowd pleaser, the Demolition Derby.

Come join the fun, at Texas Thunder Speedway

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway PR/Media

ford_truck_man_78

Not sure I understand your question.

Are you mixing Mini Stocks with Texas Twisters?

The Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks can't be bought, but they are a claimer class (all classes at Texas Thunder are claimer classes).

Click on this link (http://www.texasthunder.com/rules_general.html) and scroll down to the ENGINE CLAIM section for complete details.

The Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters, on the other hand, the entire car, minus driver saftey equipment is subject to being bought. The other major difference is that ANYONE can buy the car, not just competitors. And you don't get your choice of cars, just the winners.

And to this date, no Mini Stock engines have been claimed (nor any from other classes), and the Texas Twisters haven't made their debut yet.

If you need any other info, please call the promoter Pat Wilson @254-290-6262

Or PM me, and I will give you my cell phone number.

Bill "Sarge' Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway PR\Media

Archived