does anyone know the tams results from HMS

tamsracefan

champ1796,

It really would be great if someone who regularly attends TAMS events would volunteer to be our "eyes and ears" and post race reports for us. Reb is pretty talented but he can't be at every race in Texas on the same night!

The best part is that person would make the pay Reb and I do! LOL

Nick Holt

Nick,

Since I go to all of them, I'll try to start keeping some notes on what went on.

As for Houston, Jason Ray ran a great lap to set quick time. He looked like a slot car out there, bettered the field by about 1/4 second.

The race was pretty good, had a lot of engine attrition. James Cole lit his up down the front stretch, and got it stopped in two near the fire crew. He was OK. James has a quick car, but has had no luck whatsoever.

Swenson fell out with smoke, Jason Ray ran hot and parked it, Greg Davidson was fast but showed a lot of smoke. Matt Brune was quick in the #15, but lost a radiator hose (I think).

About 14 of the 26 starters were running at the finish, Mikulencak was fun to watch in his dirt car. In qualifying, Mikulencak was carrying the left front wheel about a foot in the air off the corners. He put on a helluva show out there.

A couple cautions for spins, one or two on the hook. One particularly long caution hurt a lot of cars with overheating, particularly Ray's.

When I left, Barta was still arguing about tech, and Schild was looking for the check!

Overall a pretty good night for the Mods.

I can't afford to quit the day job, pays too well!

But I will start writing notes and stuff and try to get them on here in a reasonable time.

Then again, If you and Jason will match my salary from Boeing......Although Rebel and Chuck might want some of that action!

Here is the write up that is posted on TAMS website

www.texasmodifieds.com

7/14/2003 - Jerry Schild gets 2nd Win in Houston

#5 Jerry Schild wins the Double Oak Summer Shootout at Houston Motor Speedway. When the checkered flag fell the #4 car of Newton Barta Jr. won the race on the track but after tech inspection was completed the 4 car was found to have an illegal set of brake calipers and the win went to #5 Jerry Schild. #87 Lawrence Mikulencak and #46 Joey Heinaman rounded out the top 3. The Houston Race had the largest car turnout TAMS had seen in a regular season event. #77 Jason Ray set the fast time of

14.512, the top 6 cars were inverted putting #9 Ray Doyon on the pole. All 26 cars started the feature with the first caution coming for a fire in the fuel cell area of

#14 James Cole. The second caution flew on lap 6 as #44 John Schultz was collected and sent spinning into the inside retaining wall. Several other cautions would come out through the race but all for small incidents, when it was all said and done 11 cars finished on the lead lap and 14 cars were still on the track. The next race is in Corpus Christi at the famed high bank 1/4 mile of Corpus Christi Speedway. We will see you at the races.

Archived