Texas Thunder Speedway Results (corrected)

Texas Thunder Speedway Official Results 4-1-06

For immediate release

Contact Pat Wilson 254-290-6262

pwilson1@hot.rr.com

http://www.texasthunder.com

By Bill “Sarge” Masom

Killeen, Tx

Hertz Rent A Car sponsored the second week of racing at the fast ¼ mile of dirt. The temperature was higher this week, but the racing stayed HOT!

The results of last weeks judging for “Best Appearing Car Award” were on display as the large crowd filed past the front gate. The winners were

Dodge Country I. M. C. A. Modifieds

707 PJ Egbert

Hertz Rent A Car I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods

63c Trace Crawford

Corbin and Associates, Atty's I. M. C. A. Stock Cars

3 Robin Rasmussen

Kwik Kar Street Stocks

85 Corey Stepan

Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks

202 Julie "Kelly" Zwiefelhofer

The youngest bunch of drivers took the track first for the ten lap Jr Mini Stock feature. These drivers are over 13 and under 16 years of age. The younger brother of PJ Egbert showed that “fast” runs in the family.

Jr Mini Stocks

1.712 Colton Monroe

2.244 Brad VanMarter

3.14e Ryan Ellis

4.22 Joseph Chamock

5.14 Clayton Harzog

6.84c Aaron Childress

Fourteen Kwik Kar Street Stocks hit the track next for their fifteen lap feature race. A number of these pilots have moved up due to the Texas Thunder class going away. Trevor Sparkman, a former Texas Thunder Track Champion would show that he has the stuff run with the Street Stocks. He would use his outside pole starting position to hold off a very determined pack that included another former Texas Thunder driver, and the defending Street Stock Champion, Robert Simmerman. This was Sparkman's first win in a Street Stock.

Kwik Kar Oil & Lube Street Stocks

1.20 Trevor Sparkman

2.63 Danny Dunn

3.1 Robert Simmerman

4.9 Carl Boettcher

5.00 Joe Fuller

6.85 Corey Stepan

7.69 Michael Legore

8.82 Lee Chasse

9.44 Jesus Dones

10. 8k Kevin Ashley

11. 27 Tim Fasano

12. 36 Shawn Conway

13. 40 Albert Wininger, Jr

14. 48 Mitch Tierney

The fire breathing, ground pounding, Doge Country I. M. C. A. Modifieds took to the track next for their twenty lap feature race. We almost needed a B-Feature as there were 27 cars in the pits. Unfortunately, several weren't able to make the call, and we started twenty-four in the feature. Last weeks winner, PJ Egbert, would not be able to repeat. A flat tire on lap 13 made him pit from the third position. George Egbert and Danny Gribble would wage a terrific battle through the last half of the race, swapping the lead several times in the process. George Egbert would get the lead for good, as then leader, Gribble bobbled in turn four on lap 19.

Dodge Country I. M. C. A. Modifieds

1.70 George W. Egbert

2.27 Danny Gribble

3.97 Douglas Lorenz

4.5k Kenny Stone

5.78 Trevor Egbert

6.15 Andrew Simmerman

7.71 Glenn Derks II

8.19 George Lamphere Jr

9.20x Chuck Bish

10. 39 Paul Mullins

11. 24 Gary Simmerman

12. 555 Ken Old

13. 7 J.D. Schiels

14. 247 Bill Lecompte

15. 91 Brian Fuller

16. 66 Chuck Bayles

17. 4 David Hanusch

18. 707 PJ Egbert

19. 44 Allen Waltermire

20. 5 Keith Green

21. 9 Pat McGuire

22. 412 Marc Beltz

23. 25 Dan Roberts

24. 17m Rick Michael

The Hertz I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods were next up on the race program. The excited crowd would be treated to the return of one of their absolute favorite drivers. 2005 I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods National Champion, and multi-time I. M. C. A. Modified Track Champion, Keith White made his 2006 Texas Thunder Speedway debut. White started seventh and was able ot make his way to the front by lap 9 in the fifteen lap feature race. Trace Crawford would try to track him down late in the race, but came up short.

Hertz Rent A Car I. M. C. A. Southern SportMods

1.1 Keith White

2.63c Trace Crawford

3.17w Billy White

4.55 TJ Green

5.30 Chase Jupe

6.11w Kevin West

7.5d Kevin Green

8.2 Brandon Stewart

9.52 Mark McDaniel

10. 45t Eric Tomlinson

11. 83 Kenny Ware

12. 424 Mike McDougal

13. 27 Robert Carr

14. 77 Larry Ware

15. 231 Shad Stevens

The Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks were the next to test their hot rods on the track. It would be a family affair, as Julie "Kelly" Zwiefelhofer would race her little brother Travis Zwiefelhofer almost the entire race. The two siblings would battle it out, but last weeks winner couldn't get around his sister. They would pull away from the rest of the pack battling ferociously behind them. The “best of the rest” would be Mike Autrey followed by Billy White .

Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks

1.202 Julie "Kelly" Zwiefelhofer

2.20 Travis Zwiefelhofer

3.1 Mike Autrey

4.17 Billy White

5.43 Joseph Gregoire

6.81 Michael Crandall

7.4 Clinton Byrne

8.14 Ronnie Ellis Jr

9.44 Rickey Reid

I.M.C.A. Stock Cars

I will add their results later. I apologize, I will post them as soon as possible

Next week come and join us as Kwik Kar Oil & Lube brings us the Brazos Mini Sprint Associating. These light weight, high horsepower, winged open wheeled cars will thrill and delight the crowd.

New for fans this year is the ability to purchase their tickets online with a credit card. Just go to the Texas Thunder Speedway web site, and click on the “Buy and Print Tickets” button. Also you can use your Visa or Master Card in the tracks souvenir and concession stands.

Gates open at 6:00 PM and racing starts at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $10 for Adults, $3 for kids 6-12 and kids under 6 are free. Season passes are available as well.

For all track information, weather, directions, and to purchase your tickets, go to http://www.texasthunder.com.

Texas Thunder Speedway is a 1/4 mile semi-banked oval dirt track. Races Every Saturday Night March through September! With Seven SUPER EXCITING classes of cars to entertain the entire family.

Featured classes include; Dodge Country IMCA Modifieds, Corbin & Associates, Attys IMCA Stock Cars, Hertz IMCA SportMods, Street Stocks, Cottman Transmissions Mini Stocks, Jr Mini Stocks & Budweiser Racing Texas Twisters. Special Events designed especially for the kids as well as Powder Puff Races, Pit Crew Tire Contest and our all time crowd pleaser, the Demolition Derby.

Come join the fun, at Texas Thunder Speedway

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Texas Thunder Speedway PR/Media

Archived