Racing @ SAS on April 1st

Lonesome Ford

...... and this ain't no April fools joke! The racing was AWESOME (in my best Mark Martin immitation), the show was well organized, and I'M HOME BEFORE MIDNIGHT! I haven't seen SAS hype up a show and really deliver like this in a very, very long time. Congrats to all of the winners and thanks to all of the SAS - USRA - ASALM staff for their dedication to our sport & bringing us a show like this. Also, thanks to the fans that filled the grandstands....it has been awhile since I've seen 'em like that. Man, that was some good racin'!!!

Congrats to all...

Sounds like it was a good show...a good weekend...and some great racing.

Congrats to all who took the time and put in some hard work to make it happen..

The thing this track needs to and allways has, is to get the lead out of push trucks ,wreckers and FIRE TRUCKS, something happens and they all just sit there, ie:the #7 after hitting the wall was on fire, the driver jumps out and pulls the hood off and starts waiving his arms for fire trucks, the finally arrive and take there sweet time and then just walk slowly up to the car as the driver is franticaly telling them its on fire, one more the car that spun on the front and took out a ad sign, noone with a push truck came to him, T.D. and the new track mgr pushed them by hand. Isnt it strange that Terry Dickerson was the first to everything in his own personal vehical, someones going to get burned bad if they dont get a better handle on the fire trucks not rolling,all it takes is the one time of hitting the wall in turn 3 or anywhere for that matter and injure or knock the driver out and have a bad fire at the same time, other than that it was great racing, well worth the 25 dollars, and hts off to Terry and ASA for a well organized show.

Oh ya one more thing, Terry is bringing life to racing in San Antonio for the fans, the big shows will draw people to the weekly shows, now he needs to get the weekly show better as car count in all classes, im sure he has a plan and will get it done, he is with out a doubt a great promoter and showman, good for the the sport, and racing in San Antonio.

I talked to the crew guys for Chad Wood and they had good thing to say about the management at SAS " if we needed something they did thier best to get it for us, they want us here, and we felt welcome, you got a great promoter, can't wait to come back in october" WE will all have to chip in and get Terry a bigger hat after that .LOL I have to agree a great job was done by all

Great race!!! I as very impressed with the entire night. Wish we had more trucks and modifieds but those that were their put on some grat clean racing. Living in Pflugervilee we are always glad to see the show efficintly. Congrats to Terry for a great ASA show. Those ASA guys really put on a great race. Thanks to all involved.

P.S. Agree the emergency crews need to get the lead out!!!!

about chad wood and the 74 of middleton, i was standing right there....the 2 car of wood was upset because the 74 gave him the high line in turns 3 and 4 then ran him up and almost put him in the wall. some profanity was exchanged between crew members, but no pushing and shoving.

i think the ASA race was bad a$$. they put on a real good show.good to see milton and mel at the track our prayers are with larry. he is one of the old timers i could sit and here his stories all night long.the stands were real full too.

congrats to mark on the win well deserved .you and your crew worked yalls tell off.real good show on fri too.

chuck where were you ? with a big time radio show, seems to me like this show is as big as the nascars/e sreies.

john henry

Archived