Five Flags opens season with 80 cars in the pits!

Snowball

Five Flags opened Friday night to a great field of cars and a good crowd. There were 29 bombers,21 sportsman,18 SuperStocks, and 12 pro latemodels. Steven Davis took the pro latemodel race over Brandon Carlson, Sammy McMullen, and Jr Niedecken. Niedecken started last after arriving late. It appeared as though Jr. used it as a test session. He ran pretty decent for the first time out in his pro latemodel. Shannon jackson won the Superstock race with a beat up #94 after getting involved in a first lap accident. He won a hard fought battle over Chris Cotto and Jessie Reid. The three of them ran several laps side by side swapping positions back and forth. I apologize, but I don't recall the name of the winner in the Sportsman feature. He drives the black #8, and he has really improved over the last few seasons. Tyler Chapman won his first ever Bomber feature. He knocked on the door several times last year, and he finally broke through tonight. Overall it was a great start to the season with an outstanding car count, and a nice crowd. I'm really looking forward to the Opening Blizzard race on April 14th. If the local divisions have the same kind of car counts, they could exceed 100 race cars in the pits!