I-37 Announces 2006 Season Opener

NickHolt

I-37 Speedway – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Local Dirt Track Announces Opening of 2006 Season by Bill Morris

The excitement of Dirt Track Auto Racing will return to the area on Friday night, April 7th. Starting at 8:00 pm, the green flag will fly signaling the start of the 2006 racing season at the I-37 Speedway. The l/4 mile dirt oval is located on I-37, exit mile marker 101.

The Friday night racing program will feature four divisions of racing each week. Two divisions of Stock Cars, the Pure Stocks and the Super Stocks, will compete in a program of heat races and a 20-lap feature event. In addition to the Stock Cars, the popular IMCA Modifieds will offer two divisions of wheel-to-wheel racing. The “International Motorsport Contest Association” is one of the nation’s largest and oldest sanctioning bodies, sanctioning over 95 tracks across the country. The IMCA establishes the car specifications and dictates the racing procedures in an effort to present affordable and competitive racing. Drivers al all IMCA sanctioned tracks have the opportunity to win both local and national points that will lead them to awards at the end of the season.

Grandstand admission for the racing program is $10.00 for Adults - $8.00 for Seniors – Children 6-12 $3.00 – Children under 6 free.

WAKE UP i37staff!look at the views at pay out,then look at the views on your opener.........its not to late.but if your counting on getting cars from other tracks because they will be closed for the texas race,you are about to lose them now.becauuse you cant treat a DIRT RACER like DIRT.you did that before.AND WHAT HAPPENED???????????????/ frank t.

Archived