Knudtson, SunSational Camaro Third

Release: March 28, 2006

Boerne's Knudtson Takes SunSational Camaro to Second Top-three Finish of 2006 NASCAR Sportsman Season at San Antonio Speedway

San Antonio – Boerne driver Eric Knudtson took the SunSational Pools and Spas Chevrolet Camaro to his second top-three finish in the first two rounds of the 2006 NASCAR Sportsman season at San Antonio Speedway on Saturday, finishing third behind winner Allen Alexander and last week's winner Greg Rohmer. It was a pair of threes for Knudtson, who also finished third in his heat race.

"We had the speed after solving a little problem with the chassis that kept us from being able to turn under Rohmer coming off the turn," Knudtson said this week, "but we just couldn't get past him and I'm not going to tear my car up trying to get by." Asked if he thought he could have caught Alexander, Knudtson was pretty confident.

"Yeah, I think I could have caught him in one lap because we had been faster all night and all race long." The third-place finish still puts Knudtson in a better spot than he was in after the second race last year when he began the season with two third-place runs. Rohmer leads the points chase by six over Knudtson, which was the total point difference between the two at the end of 2005 as Rohmer took the Sportsman title over Knudtson. Alexander is another nine points back of Knudtson.

###

T. Q. Jones, P. O. Box 91346 Austin, TX 78709-1346

(512) 261-5236 (FAX) (512) 261-5293 Email: tqj@mindspring.com

nope we are gonna try and concentrate on the asa race. we have a brand new car that has never seen a track and is gonna just be finished on thurs. night. Also i will not get too much practice since i am in houston for work until late friday. Ok kiss whatever that means.

Edited by lloyd#5