Romco

Colt15

Hello everyone. Its been awhile since I have posted on this website but there is something I wanted to talk about. I just got an email about traction control from Romco. Here is a quote from the newsletter. "But we have to make a decision and we are going to take out the wording not allowing traction control devices"

I am taking from this quote that they are allowing traction control devices?? If so I think this would be the worst move this series made. That basically takes the driver out of auto racing. Now maybe I miss interpertated the letter so if someone else knows more about this please give your opinion about the situation. Thanks, Colt James

I have sent an e-mail to them with my opinion and never once did they even reply. I do not like it in stock car racing. If I would have known this a month or so ago, my plans would have changed. I know one car that will not be running it, and if we can't be competitive without it, why run the series. I guess time will tell. We will do our best to give em hell without it.

"But we have to make a decision and we are going to take out the wording not allowing traction control devices. The series still reserves the right to ban certain individual types of traction control devices as we see fit."

Why can he run that one and I cant run this one? Can you hear it already? ...............If they allow TC, why not put a weight penalty on them? Give them a hundred pounds or so. Offset chassis now get a weight penalty, so why not TC?

I guess when rules change, there is going to be some who like it and some who dont.

Here is the rest of what ROMCO had to say about Traction Control from the email Colt was talking about:

The question of traction control has kept us in a quandary for many weeks. We have researched it, polled drivers and owners, called other sanctioning bodies and scratched our heads and no glaringly good answer has jump out at us. But we have to make a decision and we are going to take out the wording not allowing traction control devices. The series still reserves the right to ban certain individual types of traction control devices as we see fit. Updated rules will be posted at the series web sight www.romcoracing.com with a few other minor corrections soon.

Good luck to all in 2003 and we are looking forward to great 2003 season.

Terry Barden

terlinbarden@yahoo.com

and

Robert Mullins

Archived