4~Hart Motorsports: Starts the 2006 Season

4~Hart Motorsports Media Relations

-- For Immediate Release

4-HART MOTORSPORTS STARTS THE 2006 SEASON AT SAN ANTONIO SPEEDWAY

SAN ANTONIO, TX (March 11, 2006) – The paint was still fresh, and the air was warm as drivers from all around the Lone Star State began to file into San Antonio’s own NASCAR sanctioned high banked half-mile asphalt speedway for the opening weekend of the 2006 racing season. The Texas ProSedans joined all three USRA touring series – the USRA Super Late Model Series, the USRA Modified Series and the USRA Truck Series to give the fans packed into the stands quite a show.

The Texas ProSedans held qualifying to determine the line up for their feature race, the first main event of the evening. Lloyd Hart, driver of the #19 Instant Imprints Honda CRX piloted the nimble front wheel drive vehicle to an 8th place starting position.

“We had tried a few things, and were a little bit down on the power for qualifying. The car wanted to ‘push’ towards the wall during practice, so we also tried to correct that tight condition by making a couple of adjustments. All in all, I was satisfied with qualifying 8th out of a field of 19 of the 24 registered cars, because I knew we could make the car better for the main event” said Hart.

The main event started with in car introductions. A lap one incident in turns 3 and 4 among the front runners took one car off the track, having to be carried between two tow trucks. Lloyd Hart spun his #19 Instant Imprints Honda CRX to avoid pile driving into the swerving cars ahead. Hart said “I saw the incident as it was occurring, so I pinched my car down to the left a little harder to avoid the incident. The car normally can cut sharp and continue on, but I felt the rear snap loose avoiding any contact. I knew at that point I would be in for a long night.”

On the restart, Hart regained his position behind the #33 VW Beetle of Jamie Garner, since TPS rules state that there is no penalty for spinning out to avoid an accident. On lap four, Hart brought out the yellow spinning his car around between turns 1 and 2. Hart had to take the green flag at the tail end of the single file line of cars for the restart. “I was pushing the car harder than it was willing to go. When I had a clear track, I could push it hard, but when I went to pass, I would have to drop the car out of its preferred line, and it was just a little bit too loose, and the rear end would just break free” Hart said.

On the second restart, and starting from the very rear, Hart pushed the car even harder to regain lost ground. He successfully passed several drivers, and regained most of the positions he had lost. However, on lap 9 in turn 4, Hart spun around again bringing out the yellow flag a second time. TPS has in place a rule limiting a driver to two solo incidents that bring out a caution. That second spin caused the officials to black flag Hart, sending his car to the trailer for the night. “It was disappointing to be done for the night after only nine laps of green flag racing, and especially after winning the last TPS race. Time was the one resource that we ran out of. We did not make it to any of the practice sessions the speedway offered, like we had planned, so this race really became a test session for us. We have eight 8 more months with 12 more scheduled races to focus on points. The car’s power was great on the restart, and Jack, my crew chief, already has plans to make the car better for the next race,” Hart said.

The race continued with lots of on track action. It was slowed one more time by the waving of the yellow flag for an incident between the #1 Ford Mustang of Bryce Dishman and the #23 Ford Pinto of Harry J.J. Osburn III on lap 12. As the race continued, drivers began to position themselves for the final shootout. With only a handful of laps remaining, Donnie Moore directed his #70 VW Scirocco towards the front. He was able to maneuver his car past Garners’ #33, the #27 BMW of Todd Farris, and the #2 Ford Mustang of Jack Dishman to take the lead. Moore never looked back as he crossed the checkers winning the opening race of the season.

The #19 Instant Imprints Honda CRX driver also said, “Congratulations to Donnie and his whole crew on that win, and to all of TPS for putting on such a great race. Thanks to San Antonio Speedway for hosting our race, and we are looking forward to returning there for our first double feature. I also have to thank God for a safe race, thanks to my great primary sponsor, Instant Imprints, to my Crew Chief Jack, and all of my Crew, Karla, Greg, Samantha, Kathy, and Jonathan, and also to all of my family for their unending support of my racing addiction!!”

4~Hart Motorsports and the Texas ProSedans will return to the San Antonio Speedway on April 15th for their second and third races of the season. A double feature race night is a first for TPS in their 31 consecutive years racing.

Lloyd Hart of 4~Hart Motorsports is sponsored by Instant Imprints of San Antonio. Hart’s crew includes Crew Chief Jack Foy, Jack’s wife and son, Kathy and Jonathan; Lloyd’s wife Karla, his son Greg, and daughter Samantha.

Information about 4~Hart Motorsports will be available on the web in the near future.

Information about Texas ProSedans can be found at www.texasprosedans.com.

Archived