Excitement in the air at S.A. Speedway

Mike,

We're sorry to see that the E-N won't be giving local stock car racing coverage in their published editions, but very pleased that you will have an expanded presence by way of the MySanAntonio.com site.

Nick Holt

Thanks Debbie! Trey and I do this racing segment every Friday morning during the reason season. We've been doing this now for three years. Currently, we are on the air every Friday morning at 6:40 a.m. on News-Talk 550 KTSA AM radio. Sometimes we do segments on Monday mornings too.

Nick, you are right that it's too bad the column won't appear in the print editions. Due to budget cuts, the E-N sports section is having to cut back on the number of pages. Several sports are now being covered online only, including local motorsports.

Last year, my column was cut several times on Friday and it had to be published on Saturday. A lot of material was often cut too. Now that it's online, nothing will have to be cut due to a lack of space.

Also, I've also been given the opportunity to write a blog column. Unfortunately, the blog is not formatted and up on the site just yet. It should be up on the site soon. I will be able to post stories, news releases, results, points, etc. on a daily basis now. Actually, the local coverage will improve, but it just won't be in the print editions.

This will be the first time since 1987 that my stories won't be printed in the paper. I have mixed feelings about that, however, I am very excited about the new opportunities the Express-News is giving me regarding publishing everything exclusively online.

Mike Haag