Improvements at THR

ups88john

If they did add on to the back stretch and with the meeting that Brian is hosting( the B-B-Q that was mentioned in another thread) then it seems to me that he and the track are at least trying to make the show better. In a day and age when communication between track owners/ promoters and car owner/ drivers it at an all time low, then in seems that Brain and THR are truely trying to make the show and the track better to help out all involved. That seems like a good place to start.

What was done recently was an addition to the concrete curb near the exit of turn 2 on the back staight. If any of you have ever fallen off of that curb, you'll know what I'm talking about. The curb was extended 100 feet toward turn 3. I believe the extension is around 5' wide by 100' long. I don't think this would be any added racing surface, but it should greatly improve or eliminate the problem of cars falling off of the track when they push up too high coming out of 2. :)

Chase

jclever17

If you put the money your talking about into advertising you would be alot better off.

Why would you make all the changes to THR?The racing is competitive and with the

concrete added off turn two there is no reason two cars can't run side by side around

the entire track.If they can't then the drivers shouldn't be on the track to begin with.

A bad driver can take you into the wall or off the track no matter what track your running on.Cars CAN and do run and PASS at THR.

jc17,

In the first place, there is no way Brian is going to rebuild the entire race track. What you see is what you get with the possible exception of improvements and enhancements (like extending the back straight).

And the idea about putting walls at THR where there are none won't fly. One of the best things about THR is that you don't hit a wall coming off turn two or going into turn three or turn one if a spins in those locations. At SAS that's called a front clip, or worse.

Now, if you are posting stuff just to stir the pot then I suggest you think about that for a while. While we encourage people to share their ideas and enjoy honest discussions, just trying to start something for the sake of starting something is not what TSZ's about.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

This is better but still needs more, if the ould just add a 8in wide by like 3 foot long piece of concrete :ashphalt : what ever to the bottom of turn 2 comming out of the corner where cars could get under neath other cars this would allow for some passing!!!!!

THanks for covering up the whole comming out of turn 2.

HMS has a Legends race every weekend, no pay out. TMS has a race every Saturday that THR has. Why drive to Kyle from Houston/Dallas to race when the directors aren't here? Their history of payout dispursment isn't too good either, so you're not racing for money just fun. This is one reason the car count is down in the Legends series. The last Dwarf race at THR had a 30+ car count and the race was really good for the fans, a lot of lead changes. Legends had a 15 car count for all 3 classes, and it wasn't exciting, follow the leader. Now you have 3 track fighting each other. It's not up to Brian C. to promote Legends racing. Hey, that's how I see it, and I would say that's my 2 cents worth but I'm broke, have to save my money for tonight's race so I guess this one will have to be a freebe...

I would like to publicly thank Brian for the addition on the back staight. I ran last Thursday and the addition does make it easier to drive. It is a little rough, but it is better than the drop off. It does not really change the racing line or the times. We ran 14.70's on 150 lap tires. When the car drifted out you could let it float out on to the concrete.

Archived