technology

honda 46

you can not continue to have new cars and drivers come to race when you do not have a affordable program or class for them to get there feet wet in. you allways need a good breeding ground but be competitive for not a lot of money. good track promoters know that. in order to make that 1970 or early 80's 4 cyl. run with todays technology it is going to cost alot of coin. there are tons of option with all the 4 cyl. cars as of today. plus you will have all manufactures out there, and all the new 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation cars are very equal in horsepower to uphold unbeleivable dependability which also keeps cost of racing cheaper. there just arenot all that many rear wheel drives cars out there anymore that you can throw a cage in and go to the track. i mean with out alot of money. sometimes we have to take advantage of technology in order for our class to grow. i feel like the rules are fine simply because we all ran so close up front last year and had a blast, hell not a night went by when i wasn't chasing one of those fords. promoters are seeing what is happening up north to mini stocks. they are running any and everything from every car company with 50 to 75 cars showing up and it is one heck of a show. if we can make that happen then we sit down and maybe have two mini classes based on purely track times or feature wins or something, i don't know. corpus has gotten plenty big to support good racing wheather you want to play in the dirt or asphalt or both but we have to intise these streetracers and young guys what they are missing. the only way to do that is let fix them up their little cars with little investment then you get them hooked. 20% of them are going to move into mods or streetstock or somewhere. mini stock is cool because wheather it is your first year or 20th year there is going to be someone to race that is at the same stage as you are and thats fun. we have good promoters, lets just try to help support racing period and get both sets of stands full so we will always have a place to play. its 2006 already. it is time to let the sport evolve into what could be the grater good for all of us. alot more affordable too. i think everybody realizes that there are classes you can run all the hot rod trick stuff, its just knoeing when to make that move. its just my opinion by seeing what is working in other parts of the country that shoud work here. lets work together to build our class instead of tearing it down. the rules are fine, lets just go out there and have a great time racing each other and put on a good show then our track promotor will reward us with a nice purse. we wont get a big purse without a big show. then at the end of night we can all sit around the trailer and tell all the cool stories that happend to each that night, its called bench racing. best of all drink some cold beer, whatdasaytathat. can't wait to see ya at the track's, todd

You make some very good points, there Honda.

I'd love to see some of the cars that are used for street racing around almost any town in the USA with a cage going at it at the local oval.

That's really how local stock car racing caught on so big. People took wrecked cars, put them back together, stuck a roll cage in, did a few "tricks" to the engine and went out on Friday and Saturday nights to see who could turn left best.

Back then it was 55 - 57 Chevys, old coupes and a lots of imagination.

Now it's all Mitsubishi, Honda, Cobalts, etc, that are hot for the street. I think you're right. That's the population that is going to revive stock car racing. Ricci Ware used to say that all the time, but nobody would really listen except a few brave souls and our good friend, Neil Upchurch. maybe we can talk Neil into forming an entry level 4-banger class featuring today's fuel injected, computer controlled, high-tech wrecks!

Nick Holt

There already exists a platform like that.Its call Texas Thunder Cars.Any of those cars are legal now but the discussion is how to preserve dinosaurs,including what I race.Sometime in the future you will see tuner cars racing ovals but maybe not in my lifetime.Thats without doubt the inexpensive way to race,using what you find in the junk auctions now.I just brought in a 1995 240SX with a 2.4 twin cam 16 valve FI engine and 4 wheel independent suspension that would easily make a Thunder Car that could run up front without much,especially a plate car.2 weeks tops to build.MMMMM.Also just got a 200 SX FWD with a twin cam 1600 that would do likewise.And theres a 94 Celica with a 2.2 FWD that makes tons of torque.I bet it can be made at 2000 lbs or less.I am also looking at that old Eclipse with a 2.0 twin cam and it looks lighter than my Scirroco.For a new Thunder driver there are many good choices both foreign and domestic.And the best part is they dont need expensive engine rebuilds to race.Most are great as they are.If I lived closer I would have about 5 cars in my stable.I used to have 7 years ago.

you can not continue to have new cars and drivers come to race when you do not have a affordable program or class for them to get there feet wet in. you allways need a good breeding ground but be competitive for not a lot of money. good track promoters know that. in order to make that 1970 or early 80's 4 cyl. run with todays technology it is going to cost alot of coin. there are tons of option with all the 4 cyl. cars as of today. plus you will have all manufactures out there, and all the new 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation cars are very equal in horsepower to uphold unbeleivable dependability which also keeps cost of racing cheaper. there just arenot all that many rear wheel drives cars out there anymore that you can throw a cage in and go to the track. i mean with out alot of money. sometimes we have to take advantage of technology in order for our class to grow. i feel like the rules are fine simply because we all ran so close up front last year and had a blast, hell not a night went by when i wasn't chasing one of those fords. promoters are seeing what is happening up north to mini stocks. they are running any and everything from every car company with 50 to 75 cars showing up and it is one heck of a show. if we can make that happen then we sit down and maybe have two mini classes based on purely track times or feature wins or something, i don't know. corpus has gotten plenty big to support good racing wheather you want to play in the dirt or asphalt or both but we have to intise these streetracers and young guys what they are missing. the only way to do that is let fix them up their little cars with little investment then you get them hooked. 20% of them are going to move into mods or streetstock or somewhere. mini stock is cool because wheather it is your first year or 20th year there is going to be someone to race that is at the same stage as you are and thats fun. we have good promoters, lets just try to help support racing period and get both sets of stands full so we will always have a place to play. its 2006 already. it is time to let the sport evolve into what could be the grater good for all of us. alot more affordable too. i think everybody realizes that there are classes you can run all the hot rod trick stuff, its just knoeing when to make that move. its just my opinion by seeing what is working in other parts of the country that shoud work here. lets work together to build our class instead of tearing it down. the rules are fine, lets just go out there and have a great time racing each other and put on a good show then our track promotor will reward us with a nice purse. we wont get a big purse without a big show. then at the end of night we can all sit around the trailer and tell all the cool stories that happend to each that night, its called bench racing. best of all drink some cold beer, whatdasaytathat. can't wait to see ya at the track's, todd

damn todd

I see you hadn't started drinking before that post!!!! New TSZ rule for honda 46...must have at least 6 beers withing a 30 minute time frame with a 15 minute "soak in " time before posting!!!!

Archived