looking at the USRA schedule

CC_RIDER

just getting ready for the racing season in 2006, i was looking over the schedule and im thoroughly dissapointed.

1st off, the first SLM race at SAS isnt till july 8th are you kidding me? thats the best venue for SLM other than CCMS and you gotta wait till july 8th? not to mention only 2 dates and Oktoberfast.

2nd, ive noticed that the trucks arent running with the SLM's either what brought that about?

3rd, from all the rumors (fact) here in CC, none of the CC drivers in TAMS will be running the series this year and alot of assorted others, i dont see how that series will hold up. which i believe has to do with that all involved rule last year, way to go guys.

4th, only 2 dates total for CCMS? and none at HMP? what gives here?

looks like im gonna be spending alot of saturday nights at South Texas Speedway, the car counts there are getting larger by the day.

I do agree that the trucks sort of got a raw deal not being with the slm. Now the teams with both slm and trucks will have to do twice as much traveling. Oh well. I think it has to do with economics. Fact is it costs more to put on a slm race than the other series. And yea South Texas Speedway does sound like a good choice this year but so do the big shows with ASA and SES coming to Texas! :)

Is it final that USRA will not be at Houston this year? I guessed that the schedules just had not yet been completed, and negotiations were still going on with HMP. It'll be a shame if USRA doesn't race at the nicest short track in TX. With the USRA sponsorship of the HMP limited late models last year, it seemed like cooperation between them was great. Has something gone sour between the two parties?

Danny

Thanks. I found the post. Pretty much makes me sick! I guess I'd like to hear the other (HMP's) side of the story. Maybe I'll call them.

Glad to see Bendele running more of the out of state races. Interesting comments from him in the latest Late Model Digest concerning his 2006 plans.

I guess I'll have to travel east more this year to see some decent SLM racing.

Danny

Why don,t somebody ask td why the tsrs series is not at sanantonio this year not even invited to the octoberfast, this is an insult to the whole racing comunity, if i were mary ann and H.E, and brian i would play a little hard ball myself, they have been in this racing family for 30 years,all they would have to do is not allow usra to race at thunder hill and have an outlaw slm , trucks, and mods event i don,t think the fans care if they are affilated or not they just want good racing , to shut us out of the sas is not what i call fair play and i,ll bet the 40 or more drivers would feel the same way thanks terry dickerson for coming in and joining the central texas racing comunity, you have shown your true colors. leland waddell..... we will all remember this.

TTOPA

TT who?

You're right Mark. Looks like cooperation has sort of gone by the wayside. By saying that, I'm not trying to point the finger at any one promotor or owner, because the only ones who know what's gone on in those meetings are the folks who were present.

OK, FOLKS ONCE AGAIN IV,E LET MY HEART OVERLOAD MY BRAIN AND AFTER A PHONE CALL FROM TERRY D THAT I WOULD NOT CONSIDER AN ASS CHEWING BUT A DAMN GOOD KNAWING HAVE TO SAY THAT I OWE EVERYONE AT S.A.S. AN APPOLOGY. TERRY HAS EXPLAINED HIS PLANS FOR SAS , NOT THAT HE OWES ME ANY, AND THEY ARE WORKING TO MAKE RACING IN SA BETTER FOR A LONG TIME TO COME, AND HE HAS SOME GREAT IDEAS, FOR THE FUTURE, SO TO TERRY, WAYNE , AND ALL THE PEOPLE AT SA PLEASE EXCEPT MY APOLOGY, HE ALSO SAID TO ANYBODY THAT WANTS TO COME RACE AT SA PUT ON SOME 10,S AND COME ON DOWN. HE ALSO SAID IF ANYBODY WANTS THE REAL STORY TO GIVE HIM A CALL, NOW I AM GOING INTO THE BATHROOM AND RUN ME SOME WARM WATER TO SIT IN LELAND...

Is TSRS not on the SAS schedule because they havent posted their schedule yet??????? If TSRS is not invited to race at SAS, I dont think the Naumann's would stoop to such a level of not letting the USRA race at THR. They have family and alot of friends that race in the USRA Series. That in itself should show everyone who they are looking after.

Archived