Toyota coming in 07

Jason

Guess times are changing.

Something interesting...1948 NASCAR Rules and Specifications

3. Foreign manufactured cars will not be permitted.

Look what Toyota did to CART and now the IRL. They come in and drive costs up and it eventually hurts the series. Honda will be next...

JMO, but do you really think that the foreign comp. drove the cost of the series up. The 1948 nascar rules are just that.....1948 rules. I don't think letting Toyotas or Hondas run the cup series would hurt Nascar. If anything it would help. Just think how many new people it could bring to the sport. Whats next....your never going to allow fuel-injection.....its time to evolve!

Guest RandyBorlace

i can also hear all these weird names coming in racing these foreign cars, i had a field day and got in trouble in school over the whole Hideo Fukuyama deal, the things you can say to sound close to Fukuyama are funny lol :P .. but seriously keep the japs on the riceburning motorcycles and f1 and stuff like that, we dont need camry's amd civic's and god knows who else in nascar, whats next BMW? volvo? 2010 it will be JAPCAR and not NASCAR

i watched an ole 4 door honda that looked like it could barely make it down the track with a young kid driving smoke a new vette friday nite in a 1/4 mile-couldnt help but laugh at that one-young broke kid waxing daddy big bucks.When the kid came back up to run again,he looked at me and said,"I smoked that vettes a--"

Ahhhh Grasshopper, please to read rules more carefully.

Is not there a Toyota plant, just a short donkey ride from SAS?

Guest RandyBorlace

you find a toyota or honda that is naturally aspirated, 108 inch wheelbase, and v8 and see if it can run with the stock classes, they are ok for mini stocks, who watches those anyways? the legacies are cool they all seem to run together....the toyotas and honda's are gonna be at an advantage though, how many small block chevy's , fords etc, can turn 16,000 rpms like they do in those indy cars or whatever they race.

Geez guys it's called the Solara... When Toyota announced they were bringing the Tundra into Craftsman Truck, they also announced that the Solara was going to run; when? In 2007...

You do have a point. Foreign Manufacturer, Company with Foreign Soil Roots... OH WELL!!!!!

Tommy,

I can see it now, bracket racing soccer mom winning a Whoop A$$ jacket in her Pacifica...

I believe the announcement said they'd be running the Camry. By the way, how many of those rear-drive V8 Tauruses did Ford build, anyway?

I'm still with Dale, Sr. When they asked him about Dodge coming back, he said, bring 'em on. He also mentioned Honda by name, noting that the "foreign" cars were probably coming, and said, "the more there are to beat, the more there are to beat."

Of course, Dale was a competitor...

Something interesting...1948 NASCAR Rules and Specifications

Must have been a short-lived rule; A Jaguar won a Nascar race in 1954.

If we take the foreign out of the series, we wouldn't have had the Australian blocks that saved the Ford teams a few years back, and NO ONE would be running right now, as virtually all the valve springs in these engines are made in Japan, or with Japanese steel.

Toyotas are made in America, Fords and Chevys are made in Canada and Mexico.

Let's get over it and go racing.

Edited by txtom

Kiss-thats already happened-had a gal who never raced before named Sarah Kim from Austin come out for the 1st ever "Battle of the Sexes" Whoop A$$ Race and put it on em in a new Infinity SUV-won her a PINK Whoop A$$ jacket and a trophy taller than she was.I joked to a lot of em that the soccer mom "gave them a spanking".

Doesn't make much sense,Ford is laying everybbody off,because of lack off profit........... Chevy's aren't totally built in US Anymore......... Heck are any vehicles other than Toyota's made in Texas( With the exception of the Plant in Arlington? Seems everyday you see Frames on Big rigs,or Trains headin north from where,Laredo,or further South..... Point being Competition,is competition,maybe some of the Street racers could come in and support the local tracks.....JMO