I-37 practice 21 Jan 2006 season is a yes

Rainbow Man

I am passing on the info from the track owners. " The play day on 21st Jan is a go as it shows on our website and the 2006 Season will start on 7th April ". "I will be posting the rules for all classes soon " she said . So get your cars ready and come have some fun at I-37 Speedway. If you heard any rumors I hope this sets them straight, improvements are being made the drivers will have a changing room and we also will have a room to buy collectables and pictures that will be lighted so you can see what you are lookin at. So lets be positive and support our local dirt track. Playday starts at 1pm till dark $15.00 each to get in pits spectators on grandstand side will be free . bring your beer coolers , limites food will be available and sodas and coffee also . And no I am not the spokesman for the Track just passing the info on so let your fellow racers know.

Shane there will not be a street stock class, the street, stock super& limited lm's will all run together with a weight break for 4 -8" tires rules should be up soon I was told. thanks for the input you too Greg. stir the pot. As far as the track prep it was prepped the last practice in Dec. and we should have a push truck or wrecker available. with fire ext. there I will probably run the lights in flag stand again for practice till my car gets done. I hope that you all will come out and play

Thats right,

They bladed the track but it was drier than the mojave.

Since there has been no rain the track is probably drought cracked now. Please have them put water and pack the track. Otherwise, we are wasting our time "tuning" with a track condition we aren't going to see while racing.

We will wait for a reply that they are going to water before we pull an hour and tear up a couple of tires and who knows what else from the clods.

Might be helpful also if we could get some rules and info on the 1-37 site.

LLM more like Superstock.....As for Rainbow we dont want to here it from you we need a better source of info.......we need the rules out in order to be ready and not be changed you and big al may not have a beef because you for one have the same rules and if im not mistaken big al runs mods the rule are the same...but for the door classes I can only assume the rule can change if you dont like them the day you get out of bed. ....As for the prep of the track in dec. Rainbow I would like to see your coupe come out and run in that [edited out by Nick Holt, 1/19/06] .................................................the track was not in very good shape the last pratice......just my oppinion.....Abraham #5

Rainbow, can you check with who ever the powers may be if they are going to have a cubic inch rule like they always have had. Chevy would be a 360 max. Since they are going to run both classes together there should be a max so that a good show can be put on with all cars and not be determined by who has the most money. We need the final draft of the rules to prepare for the season before the season starts. Thanks, Gary Taz Racing

Well I sure hope that the powers to be take a look at some of the other tracks in s. tx. rules. So we dont have to build two different cars if we want to go run on another track sometimes that would cost a whole lot of $$$$$$$. We dont have a problem running with ss or llm just as long as we are pretty well evenly match up. This could be a whole lot of fun.

Archived