Rick Day named SAS General Manager

Rick Day Named New San Antonio Speedway GM and Race Director

San Antonio, TX (January 11, 2006) - Terry Dickerson, Owner and President of the United States Racing Association and CEO of the San Antonio Speedway Track Management Group, has announced that Rick Day has been selected to serve as the San Antonio Speedway General Manager and Race Director. Day, who has an extensive background in racetrack and racing series management, started work at the half-mile, stock car oval earlier this month.

“I’ve done just about every job there is to do in racing,” Day said. “And have enjoyed some success along the way. I want to bring that experience to bear in my new position as General Manager at San Antonio Speedway.”

“We are very fortunate that Rick has agreed to come to Texas to be the General Manager and Race Director at San Antonio Speedway, “ Dickerson said in making the announcement. “Rick absolutely knows what he’s doing and has a ton of really great ideas to help put San Antonio Speedway on the national stock car racing radar. He’s already been a great help as we have been making plans for the 2006 stock car racing season as San Antonio Speedway.”

Day, 38, formerly of Tampa, Florida, has been involved in motorsports throughout much of his life working in various capacities for several Southeastern racing organizations including the Hooters Pro Cup Series for five years in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s.

In 1992 Day formed the highly successful Southern Automobile Racing Association (SARA) Late Model Racing Series and the SARA Open Wheel Modified Racing Series SASA Pro Truck Series and served as the owner, promoter and race director until he closed the organization in 2002.

“I really learned what racing is all about running the SARA deal,” Day said. “But after 10 years, it was time to move on, so I took a position with the Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series as their Series Director. When the series was sold to the World of Outlaws Late Model Series at the end of 2004, I took over as the General Manager of Sunset Speedway in Oregon for the 2005 season.”

“My old boss with the Stacker 2 Xtreme Dirt Car Series is a friend of Terry Dickerson,” Day said in explaining how he ended up at San Antonio Speedway. “Terry was in need of a General Manager and I was recommended. So I flew to Texas, met with Terry, liked what I saw and agreed to accept the position. I’m looking forward to the challenge of running a race track with this much potential.”

Day, who’s interests outside of stock car racing include bowling, fishing and country music videos, says his long range plan is “to make stock car racing at San Antonio Speedway a fun and family friendly place. We’re planning to provide the sort of entertainment where fans will want to come back each week.”

San Antonio Speedway is located at 14901 State Highway 16 South (towards Poteet), 3.5 miles outside Loop 410. For more information about Rick Day, San Antonio Speedway or the United States Racing Association call the Speedway’s hotline at (210) 628-1499, log onto their website at http://www.sanantoniospeedway.com,