Suspension Seminar set for January-February

NickHolt

I am pleased to announce that I will be conducting my six-week Racing Suspension Seminar this January and February in the Austin/San Marcos area. Thanks to the hospitality of Brian Callaway and Mary Ann Naumann, the seminar will be held at Thunder Hill Raceway in the VIP room.

The classes start on Tuesday, January 17th and will be held every Tuesday evening through February 21st from 7:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.

The course focuses on racing suspension theory and has been highly rated by many of the top area racing teams. Seating is limited, so please register as soon as possible to assure your place.

I will be posting a poster (does that sound funny?) in a day or two giving more details of the subject matter covered, but the course is designed to provide students with a very comprehensive look at all the key principles involved in a racing suspension.

If you're looking for a "trick of the week" type seminar, this is not the one for you. But if you want to understand how's and why's of racing suspension engineering, you will want to attend this course.

The course comes with 80 (or more) pages of class notes.

The cost is $300 per student. If this is your third time to take this seminar, you will be admitted free.

To register, contact Nick Holt at cnholt@sbcglobal.net or call me at (210) 690-8564.

Nick Holt

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify something that I got a couple of calls about. The seminar is for the same people all six weeks. In other words, the same group meets every Tuesday evening for six solid weeks.

At the end of every six week seminar, I ask for the students to give me suggestions on how to make the next seminar better. The biggest complaint is that the seminar is too short!

I have two or three spots remaining open for the THR Suspension Seminar.

Keep in mind that this is not a "trick of the week" type of seminar. It is an in-depth look at how racing suspensions actually work.

We start out by learning all about weight and weight transfer and how to get your car to grow "Long Legs." We then get into all the geometry parameters that separate the average car from the outstanding car. We then look at what it takes to get those long legs balanced. Along the way we cover a whole bunch of topics that are usually pretty confusing to those that don't have an engineering background. Finally, we string out a race car belonging to one of our seminar participants to show how to actually square a car and check for bump and roll steer.

Am really looking forward to this seminar. We already have folks registered who are ready to go fast in 2006.

Nick Holt