Bubba Naumann on Dodge rampage

tqj3

Bubba Naumann ran his second race at Pensacola's Five Flags Speedway on Friday night and led flag to flag to extend his points lead, despite the fact that Jeremy Pate was banging on his bumper and trying to get inside for the last seven laps.

Pate said later it was fun and clean racing, and he'd like to try it again with him in front and Bubba in second.

After running his second race in the Dodge at Pensacola on Friday, where he's been winning and leading in points all season, Bubba Naumann ran the double points race at Mobile Speedway on Saturday night. He set fast time, but finished fifth in the heat race and then won the feature and took the hard charger award.

He's planning to run again at Mobile on Thursday in the late model race, part of the Southern All Stars twin 100-lappers for late models and trucks.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Bubba, you know your Dad and I are so proud of you! We will be looking forward to your call again after this big race on Thursday evening. Have a great race!

Love,

Your Dad & Mary Ann

Nick-

No, I wasn't at the events. Five Flags has a new web site that is a bit more up-to-date, and the Pensacola News-Journal consistently covers the races there as well.

Mobile also has a good web site, but neither of them update until about 12-24 hours after the races. Once Mobile updates, there is usually a story about the race which I believe also runs in the local paper.

Yes, Bubba's been doing pretty well. His win at Mobile this week moved him back up in the points, as it was a double points race. He's now sixth there as well as leading in Pensacola.

I was going to go, but I went the previous week to watch the Outlaws and they got rained out. We got all the way there (60 miles) and they cancelled the races. It looked like it was going to rain of Friday, but I didn't want to take any chances....

Tim

Archived