DIFFRENT STROKES FOR DIFFRENT FOLKS!

dad20uncle21

I have kept quiet all every since I have been involved with CCMS and this is the first post I have put on here. I want everyone to know I have nothing against those who want to race on dirt but, I prefer asphalt and the four cars I'm involved with will be racing at CCMS. All I ask is don't knock me for wanting to stay at CCMS and I won't knock you for racing on the dirt. I have a passion for racing and I hope the best for both tracks.

I will tell you that I'm actively involved with Doc in bringing sponsors for the track and sponsors for the drivers points fund for each class so, before everyone counts out CCMS I would think twice about it because this is going to big and possibly the best payout season ever in the history of the track!

I'm also working on plan with Muscular Dystrophy Association that will help people raise funds for a good cause but, also to raise funds to sponsor your racecar. I will have the details concerning the program out soon. If you are interested about the MDA program please email me.

Thank You All And Have Very Merry Christmas and Most of all Be Safe!

This looks like a CC Forum to me.And thank you Frank for putting a positive look at next year.CC has been around longer than all the dirt tracks combined so its silly to think they are going to disappear.Its a great oppopurtunity for a lot of folks to try 2 tracks now but I know the asphalt racers will race asphalt as long as a track is running for them.As well,the dirt guys dislike asphalt for whatever reason.Its like apples and oranges,the same but different.For the last 11 years I have raced asphalt but also dirt when the season opened and closed because the dirt tracks usually have longer seasons.At one time I raced a dirt mini,a modified and an asphalt mini in the same year.My asphalt mini made me the most money so it was my primary car.The rabbit is bent but I might straighten it out for a dirt car.Its not good for asphalt anymore but dirt cars are more forgiving.I would race both tracks on the same nite if I could.Nothing beats seat time.Sure could use a sponser but nobody is intrested in a over the hill driver like me.And thats the way it should be. Thumper

This could be a very good opportunity to "grow" racing in Corpus. The problem is that everyone wants to bad-mouth this one or that one. As drivers, owners, and crew chiefs, we should all just go out and do what we enjoy. RACING. Having raced here and being involved in racing here for 38 years, I have to say it could be awesome and fun. I for one would run and support both tracks if one of them would run Friday nights.

Archived