Casey no show in ASA

double-trouble

Double-Trouble,

I interviewed Casey on my show on Sat. morning (and, we interview him every Sat. morning on the show).

Casey announced on the show Sat. morning that due to possible sponsorship commitments (and a few other things) that his team is lining up for next year, he will only race 4 of the last 5 ASA races this year so he can make a strong run for ASA Rookie of the Year honors next season (as you noted, he skipped the race this past weekend). He said he most looks forward to running at the Nashville track; he feels the team will be very strong there.

Hope that helps.

Guest Justaracefan

I listened to Casey's interview (as I do almost every Saturday) on the Zone; he said that he was going to be running some Super Late Model races, to stay in a car as much as possible. I e-mailed him to see if he will be running ROMCO; he plans on running Pensacola Snowball Challenge, a $15,000 to win at Concord, the All American at Nashville in October and the Snowball Derby. He said that they have also been testing with his ASA cars. He said he is working very hard on a deal for next season, feels they are close but said you never know til the deals done. I don't know if he meant a sponsorship deal or if he is working on something else.

You go, Just!!

Glad to see your interest in Casey...IN fact, we've got some email questions we'll be reading to Casey on the show...

And yes, he's talking about being close to a sponsorship deal...that has a lot to do with him running for Rookie of the Year next year...

Good to see he'll get some valuable seat time, too...

And Justaracefan, thanks for tuning in to the show--your support is much appreciated! (Have you ever called in before?)

Note to double-trouble: If you have the internet, try getting the show online at www.sportsradio1300.com The internet audio-streaming is actually working!

Just like in NASCAR: you can run a certain number of races per season without losing your "rookie" status. That number varies with the series, but I think in ASA it's currently eight.

Without such rules, the first time you ran a series, you'd lose your rookie status.

I do think it is usual for short tracks like Houston and Thunder Hill to put more restrictions on who is a rookie than the larger series do, and each track has its own rules.

Archived