Dec 3 race at hMP

CommonSenseRacing

The hobby stocks did indeed show up with 6 or 7 cars and put on a real good show. The Thunder Roadsters also showed up with 7 or 8 cars and did a nice job too. Legends were the big turnout with maybe 15 or so. Allison Legacies had 6 cars I think and a big congratulations goes out to my friend Jack Kelley on his first win there. The Banoleros were there with about 6 cars and Alex Hickham winning everything in sight there. About the turnout you would expect for the winter series.

From what I understand, the hobby stocks are going to be a regular class at Houston next season. I think they did a good job last weekend considering none of them had really spent much time on the slicks before. I look forward to these cars running. Welcome to Houston guys! I hope you show up in big numbers for everyone to enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

If any of you guys wanna help this Hobby Stock class go, we could use some take off tires. Bring what you can spare to the next race. Some guys are running 10" and some are running 8". We had 3 cars out there, the 37 that crashed into the turn 4 wall when the hub broke, the 59 that won and the 7 that came in secon. My boss was in the #6. Most of these cars are dirt cars that are converted. I was not able to be there, was on vacation, but my car will be ready for the 14th race along with one of our new cars. We are expecting 12 cars at the next race. If you guys have any questions about this class, I was involved in helping getting it started, with James Huff and the track. I can help anyone with questions or if you wanna just chat about the class. Arthur 281-541-1301.

i am hoping to take my street stock on the 17th if the rules will allow it any others interested?

No camaros allowed, but your Nova might work with some changes. Dale, check out the rules on the HMP website. I'd like to see you go out there and kick butt.

Archived