Speedvision

Colt15

Just turned on speed and they have some scca formula 500 race on. Hope I dont offend anyone but it amazes me with how big the Snowball derby is that they cant get it televised. How many people actually watch some of the stuff that they show on speed? I just think its amazing that this race isnt on TV. I would think it would get as many people watching it as they do the Toyota all star showdown. -Colt

Supertx is right. The Toyota Showdown is on TV because, duh, Toyota is involved.

As for the Formula 500 race, that's part of the SCCA's national runoffs at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, an event that draws upwards of 50,000 spectators for national championship races in all of the SCCA's 25 or so classes. It's probably the only time the SCCA gets anything on TV all year, as they are content to run most of their races at tracks without spectators, like TWS.

The "runoffs" are always on SpeedTV, although a few weeks late. The event runs in October and was drawing about 600 cars the last time I checked. (The "June Sprints" at Elkhart Lake usually draw even more, as I recall.)

Archived