Talk About Priceless

KISS_Racing

Ticket to Fall Brawl $20. BBQ Sandwich $3.50 X 3. Beer $2.50X ???. Conversation with friends free.

WATCHING SOME GIRL YELL AT THE CROWD BECAUSE THEY WERE CHEERING FOR Brandon, ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!!!!!!( Oh by the way, she may want to ask J.C., but I believe he has the same sponsor name on his car too...)

Worth every penny I spent...

Guest noclutch

Priceless was watching someone very close to the TSRS series yelling that they are sorry M..... F...... is they allow someone to get into another car because of a first lap wreck. Well, The TSRS allowed Schild to do it, so why is the USRA sorry M..... F...... if they allow it? DOUBLE STANDARD or what?

Guest noclutch

That is the funny part fast18, they were going to put someone in a car that was on the track when this guy went bannana's. He blew his top over a rule that people questioned and TSRS stood by firmly. He was bad mouthing TSRS and did not even think about it. Oh well, racing politics I guess. The officials do what they want when they want. Nothing in the rules about it one way or the other. It just depends on which way they want the decision to go. But this guy was Big Time Bad mouthing their own ruling.

It was after the race that Brandon won was over... There was a small group close to the flag stand that was booing Brandon. We of course were cheering for him! I don't know where this girl came from, but all of a sudden she was at the fence(crowd side) yelling all kinds of stuff. Here is the funny part, one thing that really had me laughing was she yelled "Must be nice to be a spoiled rich kid!" towards Brandon... Then she got into an arguement with what had to have been an 8 year boy...

Let me clarify priceless again... It wasn't that some girl or part of the crowd was against Brandon. I love to watch Brandon, J.C. and all the talented SLM drivers run... Priceless was watching this girl yelling at people for applauding there favorite drivers win...

Talk about priceless!!!

Brandon Bendele 5 wins

JC Umscheid 3 wins (not counting shootout, it was a non points race)

Chris Davidson 2 wins

Tommy Grimes 1 win

Cory Roper 1 win

T Wade Welch 1 win

Eddy Wallace 1 win

Heath Stewart 0 Wins USRA Super Late Model Champion?????

Now I see why NEXTEL changed it's point system, it just dosen't seem right for someone who wins 5 races not be the champion and someone who won 0 races be crowned Champion.

JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!

Talk about priceless!!!

Brandon Bendele 5 wins

JC Umscheid         3 wins (not counting shootout, it was a non points race)

Chris Davidson     2 wins

Tommy Grimes      1 win

Cory Roper           1 win

T Wade Welch      1 win

Eddy Wallace        1 win

Heath Stewart      0 Wins USRA Super Late Model Champion?????

Now I see why NEXTEL changed it's point system, it just dosen't seem right for someone who wins 5 races not be the champion and someone who won 0 races be crowned Champion.

JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!

Of all those people on the list, only Heath, T Wade, Cory, and Tommy raced at all the events on the 2005 schedule. Tommy did miss the second 75 lapper due to the accident in the first one.

Brandon did win a large number of races and was able to stay in contention for the title, but it appears that the point's standing show that everyone that showed up and raced all the races were rewarded with a top five finish in the overall points. Those that won a couple of races but missed a few ended up behind them. You can miss a few races and still be a title contender with wins and consistancy. It is the same points system that Donnie Wilson used to win his championship after missing a race.

it just dosen't seem right for someone who wins 5 races not be the champion and someone who won 0 races be crowned Champion.

5 years from now, no one will remember if he won a race, but they will remember he is the 2005 champion.

And it is not the first time around here someone has won a late model championship without winning a race. How about the 99 ROMCO championship?

Heath made all the races, was the most consistent, and scored the most points.

Hmmm, let's see, Terry Labonte wins two races in each of his championship years; no one is second guessing that.

D W won 7 in '84, Terry's first championship. He didn't even finish second in the chase.

Let's quit second guessing this and congratulate Heath,

he won it, and he deserves it.

Welch and Bendele fought hard for their spots, and kudos go out to Cory Roper in 4th; he really stepped up his program this year.

Edited by txtom

to question the points system because the champ had no wins is just plain chicken shi*..........how did that quote from the movie go "the winner isnt the guy with the fastest car, its the guy who refuses to lose"..........he could have easily decided after the wreck to park the car, but he didnt he duct taped the shi* out of his car and got it back out there.......he went out fighting for that championship and i would much rather see a champ that doesnt quit and fights for everything, rather than a champ who happened to win 8 races but failed to finish 4..........jmo

The points system is known by the teams way before the first race of the year. For whatever reason a driver does not show for a race BUT dominates the races they do attend, they should not be awarded more points for there wins over the teams that show their support for the series and make every race. Most people do not realize how much time it takes away from family and friends to do what they love, RACING..... Instead of giving someone more points for wins, why not give points for making every race. Give every team 5 points once they register for that race...... 5 x 12 = 60 extra points, might help with car count...

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
Priceless was watching someone very close to the TSRS series yelling that they are sorry M..... F...... is they allow someone to get into another car because of a first lap wreck. Well, The TSRS allowed Schild to do it, so why is the USRA sorry M..... F...... if they allow it? DOUBLE STANDARD or what?
Our, TSRS Race Procedures allow it as long as the first lap has not been completed, which was the case with Schild and that Driver must start at the rear of the field, which he did. No DOUBLE STANDARD just simply two different Series. To take a very exciting night of racing action, with some of the most incredible camaraderie I have ever witnessed and try to spoil it with what seems to be getting more attention than the post of a young man fighting for his life on another thread! There are those that are truly the family of Central Texas Racing and those that live to insult and try to spoil the moment, the real ones are crying tears of sadness over the possible loss of a wonderful young man that is fighting for his life! Being the true race fan he is, Kevin came out to the track on Saturday evening as sick as he was to see each of those Drivers that are his heroes, when truly he is the HERO! Whomever those folks were that said or did what has been stated in here, if it is true and it has not been over exaggerated, they should be ashamed and exposed! If it is not true, then they should have the right to share their side of what took place. As we all know, we cannot always believe everything we read, especially when people do not have to expose who they are when they post. I hope each of you take every moment you have to pray for a miracle for our friend Kevin, and we all count our blessings. As far as addressing the opinions as to Heath not winning a race this season yet winning the Championship, well, as a Mother, I probably should not address this one as badly as that one hurt, but I will say this, thank you from the bottom of our hearts to Greg Davidson, who said "get back in that car boy, were gonna get this car back out there" followed up by Ralph Burrus who orchestrated the entire process with the help of Todd McLemore's blessing to use his car parts that remained from his horrible crash, teams that came from everywhere! Brandon who said to Heath "If I had my backup car, I promise you I would give it to you" to Tommy Grimes finding fuel and bringing it to him and putting it in the car, to Mr. Turner offering his car, if Heath could fit in it! Heath's Crew Chief/Spotter, Curtis, who said just the right things to keep him pumped and hanging in there and not giving up. To Ralph who kept assuring me to tell him "there is not a flat on your car, just clean those tires" when in fact when the race was over, it only had 14 pds! Family members from both sides of our families working there hearts out, Casey Smith and Joe Cantrell, right in there like there was no tomorrow. Duct tape coming from nearly every team in the Pit area. Tiffany & Christina, making sure the sponsors were neatly marked on the duct tape, there are so many I know I have left out, please forgive me, it took every person that was there to make it happen and it did and it could never be repeated or taken away, we are grateful and feel very blessed along with very sad for Kevin and his family, Heath dedicated this Championship to him!

Talk about priceless!!!

Brandon Bendele 5 wins

Chris Davidson 2 wins

Tommy Grimes 1 win

Cory Roper 1 win

T Wade Welch 1 win

Eddy Wallace 1 win

JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!

The points system is in place to reward consistency. Consistency and a lot of hard work won the championship this year.

Congrats to Heath and his team.

Talk about priceless!!!

Brandon Bendele 5 wins

Chris Davidson 2 wins

Tommy Grimes 1 win

Cory Roper 1 win

T Wade Welch 1 win

Eddy Wallace 1 win

JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!

i think my brother says it best "HATERS"

Congrats again to Heath Stewart and his crew, a championship well deserved. All the guys in the pits who pulled together and gave a hand. There is nothing wrong with the point system. For Brandon to have a chance at the title, no matter ho many he won, after missing 2 races, just shows to prove that it gives every one a chance to win the championship, as long as you have consistent finishes within the top 5, which Heath did. Another thing, I don't think it's fair to bring Kevin into this thread, he doesn't deserve this, he's been through enough, there is another thread for that. I know you meant no harm and was just stating the importance of his situation and how there is more important things at hand, but guys if were going to talk about him, please do it on the other thread, thank you. Josh

Throughout all the years of operating the Texas Pro Sedans and the TIDA Late Model Series, I have been asked various questions about the point systems, point values and etc.

In all cases (with both TPS, TIDA and I would assume the USRA Super Late Model Series) the point system is published before the season. Basically any organization says "we are going to have a contest, under this points system".

To complain, after the points season of any organization has been completed, is irrelevant.

It would be equally irrelevant for a football team to complain that they lost to a team who made only 3 point field goals and didn't score any 6 point touchdowns.

The whole deal is add up the score, played by pre-season published rules, after the game. Whoever has the most points wins - be it football or racing.

Congratulations to Heath Stewart (the driver who added up the most points under the pre-stated USRA-SLM point system).

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

heath had the same system to work with that everybody else did....and he was better at utilizing it to the best of his abilities.

nextel changed their points system because of blow outs and lose of fan base- the super late models were not a blow out, the fan base is as strong as ever , and the guy that earned it won it.........good job heath.