Tribute to the Troops

drew

As many of you know I served 14 yrs with the Army. Tho my story is really no different than any other vets, I want to be a part of giving back to those who paved the way for my career and for those troops of all forces to come. I am coordinating a Tribute night on the 9th of july to raise money for the Center for the Intrepid. This facility assisted with my seperation from the Army due to my injuries from Iraq. Like many many other warriors they have helped, I was able to continue with my life as normal as possible. So, I am coordinating a few events to host this night dedicated to those who have, who are, and who will keep us safe from harms way.. We are dedicating a new graphics for our car to the troops with a special design. We are also going to coordinate a few displays on the bases here to allow the soldiers and families to come and sign the car and be a part of the events on the 9th. As we dont ask for sponosrship for our car personally, we would like to welcome anyone who would like to help us get the car ready or to Donate to the Center for the Intrepid. Everyone that donates to either the car or the CFI will be put on the car as a sponsor. ALL of my winnings that night will be donated to the CFI also.. The wounded Warriors Fund HQs in New York has contacted me to assist in advertising on thier website about the event. And the final challenge.. is one for the troops.. I will give up my starting position to go scratch and try to win from the back...Not a trash talk just something to get the troops fired up about and give them a one night show for all the nights they have given us. If you wanna be a part of this please contact me at 210-528-0613. More to come!

I want to thank Ron Sprague for donating already to get the car together. Thanks bro!

We are planning to go out that night and run the car! I cant get you what you asked for, but I will also donate purse to the cause. Thanks for your service and all who have/ had/ and will serve. I have started spreading the word at work to hopefully get some more butts in the stands!!! Call me and lets see if we can get a flyer printed up for me to pass around up here. Going through a special training right now and should be out by 5PM. You can also come by if you want. Ill be finishing up on the crossmember for the tranny tonight!

We are planning to go out that night and run the car! I cant get you what you asked for, but I will also donate purse to the cause. Thanks for your service and all who have/ had/ and will serve. I have started spreading the word at work to hopefully get some more butts in the stands!!! Call me and lets see if we can get a flyer printed up for me to pass around up here. Going through a special training right now and should be out by 5PM. You can also come by if you want. Ill be finishing up on the crossmember for the tranny tonight!

Thanks Kevin...Ill call ya. Itll be cool to see ya back out there..by the way nxt week need ur welder. broke a motor mount..lolol

MAN THATS ALL COOL ;) YOU KNOW WHAT I WILL ALSO GO TO THE BACK AND DONATE MY WINS,,, SORRY PLACING :blink: LOL HOPEFULLY I CAN GET THIS CAR BACK WHERE I HAD IT AND PUT ON A SHOW ;):blink::lol: DID I USE ALL MY SMILEYS CORRECT HOW BOUT

AWESOME..Now I wanna see that! Thanks Gdiddy! I will add your show to the write up also.. this is gonna be so cool!

Update!! The Wounded Warrior Center has approved for us to display our car on base for all the troops to see and sign!! Date is July 6th...If you have time..come by and thank those who have given themselves to keep us free and drivers..maybe I can get a few to help out in giving track passes to the troops...Let me know.... More to come!!

Drew,

I know I need to call you, but since G threw it out there. We will contribute $100 more than what we had planned if, G starts stratch in the main and wins it....

"It's all about The Red, White and Blue!"

Mark

Drew,

I know I need to call you, but since G threw it out there. We will contribute $100 more than what we had planned if, G starts stratch in the main and wins it....

Mark

WOW!!! Ya know...I must say....the soldiers are gonna get more than they bargined for! Thanks Mark. Call me today at 1230 or after 330. We will make a time to meet up. Thank you again!

Update!! The Wounded Warrior Center has approved for us to display our car on base for all the troops to see and sign!! Date is July 6th...If you have time..come by and thank those who have given themselves to keep us free and drivers..maybe I can get a few to help out in giving track passes to the troops...Let me know.... More to come!!

What time? Where?

What time? Where?

Jamie..rt now its on the 6th of july. Ill get the info to u but the center is rt next to Bamc. Time wise I would like it to be all day for us to give everyone a chance to come by but it would be up to u on when u can show up..thank you for helpin..Ill get more info out as I get it in. Thanks!

Jamie..rt now its on the 6th of july. Ill get the info to u but the center is rt next to Bamc. Time wise I would like it to be all day for us to give everyone a chance to come by but it would be up to u on when u can show up..thank you for helpin..Ill get more info out as I get it in. Thanks!

Ok, Center for the Intrepid...check...July 6th...check...all day...check...I got all of the info I need! I work on Ft. Sam so I can go down pretty much whenever I need to. Heck, I may even may make a day out of it.

I'm also trying to forward this information on the the PAO coordinator here where I work to try and get more butts in the seats too. I'll let you know what happens with that.

Drew,

Mark

Are you talking about the modified or is he running a LLM for this race? If he is running a LLM it should be a really interesting race. The class has some really tough competition right now so it wouldn't be a "walk in the park" if he starts shotgun!

Are you talking about the modified or is he running a LLM for this race? If he is running a LLM it should be a really interesting race. The class has some really toug!h competition right now so it wouldn't be a "walk in the park" if he starts shotgun!

No..he is running his mod from the back and donating his wins...Im running from the back in our class to see if we can win for the troops!

Drew,

Mark

AWESOME DEAL MARK THANKS..... ;) HOPE WE GET YOUR 100.00 FOR TWO REASONS :blink: 1 IS FOR A GREAT CAUSE AND 2 THE CAR IS BACK :lol: LMAO

AWESOME DEAL MARK THANKS..... ;) HOPE WE GET YOUR 100.00 FOR TWO REASONS :blink: 1 IS FOR A GREAT CAUSE AND 2 THE CAR IS BACK :lol: LMAO

G diddy.. Thank u so much again for addin to the show..so its safe to say.." its alive! its alive!"? lmao

Are you talking about the modified or is he running a LLM for this race? If he is running a LLM it should be a really interesting race. The class has some really tough competition right now so it wouldn't be a "walk in the park" if he starts shotgun!

Our class is tough! I hope we have enough car to win it! Itll be fun thats fo sho!

• 2 weeks later...

wanted to update everyone...Jarrett Payton in the pure stock class is also doing the tribute challenge by droppin to the back for the troops! So now three classes are in......any other takers from the final classes.....lol.....

Archived