TEXAS PRO 4

top dog

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[edited out by Nick Holt, 7/25/05] You Got what you wanted. [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/25/05] Everyone can go to Corpus and watch 18 mustangs play chase in a run what you brung class. [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/25/05]

Good points Sly, C-Horse and 14

i guess none of the newer style (1995-2005) mustangs will be allowed to run since they are all 6 cyl from the factory..........so is it going to be a bunch of older style mustangs running on the 13th......if so it sounds boring, but hey you never know it could turn out to be a good thing...........good luck on your race and maybe the start of your new series.............

racingnut yea if its a rwd 4cly driveshaft driven car then it can run

I know some european models that I would like to run in that class. I'm sorry. I don't mean to be such an ass to you guys. Its just that you sound worse than my kids. I'm 40 years old and I've been around racin since I was like 4. Most of that time as an uninformed fan but not always. [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/25/05] By the way Top-dog... You have no idea how fast I've gone. But i would venture to guess that its a little bit faster than you can imagine.

I certainly did not bash your upcoming Pro 4 race, Lalo. I simply observed that the west coast Pro 4s run strokers. I learned that from Randy Lee when he was building his Pro 4 car. How in the world did you take that as a bash against you or your Pro 4 race?

Nick Holt

Hey CRT, I am at CCMS every Saturday night the Texas Thunders run supporting the track. The only affordable modern cars produced today are the 4 cylinder production cars. My point is that if we don't stop racing the old obsolete dinosaurs then we will eventually have no place to race. Name one current American manufactured sedan that has a 4 cylinder in the front and is RWD. The only modern cars that meet your rules are the expensive imports like BMW and Mercedez. I just can't see very many tracks supporting a series that has zero growth for the future. There is a large growing pool of affordable modern 4 cylinder cars that have stock motors that produce a good HP to weight ratio and don't require expensive after market heads to be competitive. This is the future of local short track racing if it is going to survive. If however you want to run an old obsolete car and spend twice as much on an engine and be competitive then the only way to ensure that is by excluding all the affordable modern 4 cyliner cars built in the last 10 years. I don't think that is what the paying fans want for their entertainment dollar and that's the bottom line.

Racetrack14

TPS has opened up their rules to allow 16 valve, 4-cylinder engines in the series. We also believe the future of stock car racing is in the four cylinder cars that most people drive in their daily lives.

I'd like to see some Toyota and Mitsubishi TPS cars built over the next few years. Right now we have the Hart Honda and it's coming on as Lloyd works the bugs out.

Nick Holt

Why not just sell those cars and run something else? By adding a new series or class you are spreading out the car counts even more. That class is no longer affordable for the mustangs unless you take away the esslinger heads and give them concessions to get them up to Will and GB.....and maybe Rick lol. :) Here is a good idea. Sell the cars and get a Super Street! If you want to tour get a Truck. I know where a few are race ready for under $9,000.

cRt Racing and Top Dog - I sincerely wish you the best of luck with this. I hope it works out the way you have envisioned.

I am sorry to see a split from TPS, and I was wondering if you plan to run both series. Do any of your drivers plan to race both? The reason I ask, is that I would hate to see TPS car count go down because of this, plus I have really enjoyed racing with the Ford drivers, and the camaraderie in the pits. I will miss that...

Now, JMO, if you really want this to work, you need to put up specific rules for potential drivers to see. You need to spell out what's allowed, not allowed, what are the different rules for the different cars, etc. You said $500 to win, but what is the payout for the rest of the cars?

So far I have seen what the weights have to be for the mustang's, but what about other rwd cars. It looks like it is open to domestic and foreign cars. What are the rules if Bill wants to race his BMW? What about a rwd nissan, or how about an RX-7, as these are all front engine, rear axels cars.

Again, I do wish you the best of luck, but from what has been posted so far, there are more questions than answers. Say one of the SCCA drivers from the Dallas area wants to drive down and race with you. He (or she) gets there and you say they do not meet the rules, or better yet, you let them run and put all of the mustangs 3 laps down.

Or, what happens when one or two (or 4) pull away from the field and lap all of the others? I believe that you are planning on two races this year at CCMS. Will the rules be changed before the next race? Are you planning to take this new series to other tracks next year, or keep it just at CCMS?

Again, not bashing, and I do wish you luck Lalo, but there are many questions that are unanswered if you are serious about a new series, especially if you plan to take this series touring to other tracks. If you are running just these two events for this year, and then it will go away, that puts a whole different spin on the situation. There may be others who will see these posts here on TSZ, and not be a fan of fwd's either so they build a car for this new rwd series for next year. You should inform folks if this is planned to be a long term endeavor, or just a short fling.

In corporate business, there are stock holders. They are the ones who put the money into the business, in order to make a profit. However, all businesses and organizations also have "stakeholders." A stakeholder is anyone who has a stake in the success or failure of the organization.

The stakeholders for your ProFour are your drivers, the fans, CCMS, tracks like SAS, THR and Houston (if you plan to take the series there in the future,) future drivers that may join your series, the cities where you run, etc. to name a few. Anyone who will benefit or be harmed by your organization is considered a stakeholder.

The folks who run an organization have a responsibility to the stakeholders to keep them informed as to what is currently happening, and the what the future plans are. Where do you envision this new series going?

Well, I hope you take this to heart, as it is not a bash, but things I believe that you should be considering.

Good Luck,

Lloyd

TPS #19

(fwd Honda CRX)

START YOUR OWN CLASS DONT HATE THE CLASS RUN WITH IT WE WILL RUN ON THE 13 IF WE MAKE IT GOOD BUT IF WE DONT ITS OK I PAID MY DUES I HELP ALOT OF PEOPLE EVEN YOU RICK SO DONT HATE

Lalo,

When have I ever not been appreciative of your help? I don't hate the series you are trying to start, but being relatively new to racing, I think it's silly to try to divide up a class. I ENJOY racing with you guys. It's fun, that's why I do it and you are the one that got me started with the "bug". Remember? So take my statements with a grain of salt and if anyone took my threads as bashing, then I'm sorry; however, you really should stop wearing your feelings on your sleeve.

All kidding aside, I hope you have good luck with the race & I wish you well.

PS Lalo, I sent you a pm also.

Rick

Archived