Donnie Moore wins at CCMS

NeilTPS

Take the plates off and let them run, unless you do alls your gonna have is a front wheel drive car winning every race and then that will lead to car count dropping cause the rear wheels are not happy about how things are being done with them. I know i have a good bit of momey in my motor but i bet if you put Ej in it on slicks he wouldnt even be able to come close to a 15.37 with out a plate. I dont have no aluminum head but the esslinger head i got is just as good if not better for cc. I have one hell of a setup for cc and i know it wouldnt hit a 15.37.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the fords wasnt even close to the others until eslinger came out with their heads. cause when i ran all we had was the cast iron heads and every pro sedan race i went to i knew all i could hope for was a top 5 . so this has been a long fight with the fords but i beleave if you dont restrict the fords they can be competative ive fought the track at cc and the pro sedans for a couple of years we had them close at cc there was only 2ths of a second between me and david horton we ran a race 9 laps side by side and mid season there was only 5 pionts between us. now that is when racing is fun door handle to door handle the whole race we people stand on it and turn left

steven

it doesnt matter he isnt a ford so they wont slow him down so what does will need to run with the pro sedans im sure if all he needs is tires im sure we could probally come up with some pull offs unless he wants to but new ones i would kinda like to see him run with them just to see what would happen

steven

kewl i didnt go so how did he do i havent been to the track in about 5 years now except a pratice or two i figure oldest boy is now 13 so in about 3 years if he wants to race well be back if the class is done right if the fords can compete cause i can set them up but im lost on a front wheel drive

steven

ok but in the pro sedans most of the vw runs 1600's so if you take that times 1.1 you get 1760lbs running what 58% left side weight . now take lalo's car he has to run like 2450lbs and thats cause he has a stock frame and he only gets i think its 54% left side weight then he has to run a restrictor on top of all that i dont know but i think this thing is going to get ugly before it gets better .

steven

I really don't see the need to fan the fire but try to think with the information Neil has and see if you still come up with the same conclusion:

1. The TPS Technical Bulletin on July 11, 2004 increased the size of plates on Eslinger equipped Fords, increased left side % on fab frames and Eslinger head cars and made the 500 legal for all cars.

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2004 SEASON RACE SUMMARY;

July 17, Thunder Hill Raceway, Bill LaBarge/Bryan, BMW/2083/ Weber carb

July 31, C.C. Motor Speedway, Lalo Leal/Corpus Christi, Ford Mustang/2338-ah/Holley carb, no restrictor

Aug 7, Thunder Hill Raceway, Bill LaBarge/Bryan, BMW/2083/ Weber carb

Sept 11, C.C. Motor Speedway, Donnie Moore/Hutto, VW Scirocco/1710/ Weber carb

Sept 25, Thunder Hill Raceway, Bryce Dishman/Devine, Ford Mustang/2338-ah/Holley W/ restrictor

Oct 16, San Antonio Speedway, Bill LaBarge/Bryan, BMW/2083/ Holley carb

TEXAS PRO SEDANS 2005 SEASON RACE SUMMARY;

April 9, C.C. Motor Speedway, Donnie Moore/Hutto, VW Scirocco/1710/ Weber carb

May 7, Thunder Hill Raceway, Jack Dishman/Devine, Ford Mustang/2338-ah/Holley W/ restrictor

May 14, San Antonio Speedway, Jesse Sandoval, Ford Pinto/2338-/Holley 500

May 28, Thunder Hill Raceway, Sergio Hexel/San Antonio, VW Rabbit/2042/Holley 500

June 18, Thunder Hill Raceway, Donnie Moore/Hutto, VW Scirocco/1710/ Weber carb

July 9, C.C. Motor Speedway, Donnie Moore/Hutto, VW Scirocco/1710/ Weber carb

So, since the rules change, 7 of 12 for RWD, 4 of 12 for Ford , 5 of 12 for FWD

From CRt, " I can set up them Fords but I'm lost on those FWDs"

Bill Labarge championship VW, Honda CRX, BMW

1-Crew, crew for #27 Bill LaBarge for all 6 championships, experience coming in to 1992 season 0 for circle track cars... Responsibility, suspension set up - VW, 4 wheel strut FWD, CRX, Modified double wishbone front and rear, FWD, BMW Independent 4 wheel suspension, McPherson Strut front, swing arm rear, RWD.

We race for FUN but the FUN is in the WORK we do.. At the track and between races. I ain't even started tweaking on the motor yet..

BTW, Have you seen Candi in your mirror yet?? Look quick or you'll be watching her rear bumper. There is potential in that Datsun that hasn't been seen since the SAE ran it 5 years ago (on radial tires). 10th in CC but only the second race by this driver and only a 32/36 under the hood (so far)..

Anybody watching our up and coming dirt star, the CRX is making a comeback, with 16V power from a STOCK motor seems more than up to the challenge on the short track. Loyd knows what it takes to get it around the corner, just wait till he gets the carb problems straightened out

there is a lot of talent in the pro sedans and a lot of fast cars but now when the fords won didnt the other top cars have problems and you cannt put the win for lalo in there cause he had a non restricted car without the left side penalties i mean look how lalo was running in the three R&D races he had no problems and finished in the top 5 in all three races with only 1 win and that was at his hometrack when most of the other drivers was still trying to figure out the set up for corpus .

1-Crew,

Thanks for stating the facts. They pretty much tell the story.

What hasn't been told is the story about the recent rise of the FWD VW's.

Just a couple of short years ago, TPS received considerable pressure to change the rules give the FWD VW's a rules break, but the standard answer was always the same. "Until you maximize your car's potential under the rules there will be no rules concessions." If you don't believe me, just ask Sergio Hexsel, Donnie Moore, Mike Knotts and the rest of the VW contingent. It wasn't until a couple of the top VW teams were maxed out that we even considered making any rules changes.

These teams have been doing their suspension homework, listening to and following good advice and working to make their cars better and better under the TPS rules. They now can run with the Fords that so clearly dominated the series for a couple of years.

Nick Holt

well i can remember a couple of years ago that the vw's allways dominated the series the car of 70 ,71 and 72 if i remember right all out of austin veedee then bill came along with the honda and we couldnt touch him for nothing he was fast in that car and yea the fords did dominate for what two years when a couple of guys had to run the eslinger head to even compete. but a lot has change now lets just hope this all gets settle

Ok,lets set things straight.Neil has done things for the Fords over the years,and it wasn't until Leroy came along that anyone took advantage of them.Going back in time the Fords only had to weigh .89 lbs per cc without the driver and the fwd. cars had a penalty.Then he let the rwd cars run a 500 holley while everyone else except the aircooled cars ran a 44mm. He also lifted the requirement that to get the weight break in the fords that you had to have stock diameter valves,flat top pistons and stock stroke crank,and flat tappet cam.

When he did this all you had to have was stock stroke crank and flat top pistons. Like I said the Fords were not doing all that they could until Leroy came along.I don't mean this bad towards Leroy,he built a car to the rules,like others could have done long ago. The Mustangs dominated for 2 years also while the other cars were still running the 32x36 carbs,and then they only got to upgrade to the 38x38 until last year.We also went from weighing without the driver to weighing with the driver which changed things up. If you have seen any of the races this year,they have been running in a pack at THR,,remember also CC is not the horsepower track,look at who won at SAS back in May. TPS did not make wholesale carb changes like other series do,they offered the restrictor plate as a option.Last September at CC the top 12 cars were within 1/2 second of the pole. And yes I have a Ford,heck I would like a weight break for the iron head motors,but until it is back out and maxxed out what can I say. I cannot justify a Esslinger head for my own use(but would love to and only weigh 1900lbs and yes my car could do that.

i think you need to check with leroy and randy cause when those two cars were killing everyone they was running the eslinger head .and i dont know what you was doing but i ran oversized valves 30. over flat top pistons (full floating) ran a special grind cam from crower cams had a solid lifter head i had a lot of work and money in my car but i couldnt even come close to some of the pro sedans out there and how much do you have cut of your head in the fords all the horsepower is in the heads if you want to know how to get some more just ask

Crt,no kidding,I had the same,and as a matter of fact,we ran a old CC car that had hit the wall at each end of the car at CC ,was too heavy,had a heavy flywheel,stock valves,intake,it just had a good cam and carb setup,it ran good on dirt also,and ran fairly well with it. Some cars have upgraded and some have not,no one is going to make money racing in Texas anyway.Mini clutches also help a lot too.

Archived