Tom Taylor's (txtom on here) brother, Bob needs prayers

j.j.&s.racing

This from Tom:

Please keep my Brother Robert, Bob, Camaro Bob, or whatever you know him by in your prayers. He suffered a heat attack last week, and is currently in critical condition in a Florida hospital. While they have identified the cause of the attack and fixed it, he is experiencing a multitude of side effects. Here is a link to a caring bridge page for anyone that would like to keep track of his current status.

Sorry for the delay in responding to all of this; it has been a hectic couple weeks.

My Brother Robert, who some of you know from his Texas Mile Competitions, suffered a massive heart attack two weeks ago, while on a deep water oil rig off the coast of Trinidad. He was resusitated twice through CPR and defribilation before the helicopter got him back to mainland (Still Trinidad). he spent about 5 days there before becoming stable enough to transport to the U.S,  FT Lauderdale being the closest hospital they could take him two. He has suffered a myriad of complications in the past two weeks, and is still on a ventilator to help with breathing due to rib and sternum damage from the CPR rounds. They very quickly determined and fixed the source for the heart attack, a completely blocked pulmonary artery.

I am happy to report that this morning, he came out of sedation, and can communicate with hand gestures, head nods, and the like. He cannot speak due to the trache tube he has, but we are hoping that this is turning the corner. The hospital staff is communicating with Texas hospitals for an acute care rehab facility, and there happens to be some in our immediate area; New Braunfels and Kyle. He lives in Kyle, so either would be very convenient. It is thought that if the progress continues, he may be able to transfer within the next week or so.

For anyone that would like to keep track of his progress, here is a link that his wife Debbie maintains:  https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/roberttaylor5

Thanks to all, and keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Tom

Archived