Colt James clinches PLM title at Southern National

NickHolt

Colt James clinched the championship in the Fast Five Pro Late Model in style, with a victory in the final race of the season.

1.jpg.067f73541aab709fe3d409028d047b51.jpg

Courtesy of SNRP 

James won the second race in the Pro Late Model doubleheader, notching his ninth victory in the last 10 races and officially winning the division championship for the second consecutive year.

“We’re like the little team that could,” James said.  “You’ll never beat me in heart.  I always got more heart.  We’re just like everybody in the stands, we’re blue collar.  We go to work from 7-5 Monday through Friday, come out here and race our butts off and try to show that there’s still room for the little guy out here.  We just try to win races.”

For the first time this season, however, James was denied victory at least once.  Mason Diaz scored the victory in the first race in the doubleheader – his first career win in a Pro Late Model.

This from Colt's Facebook page:

Had a good final points race at Southern National Motorsports Park. Was twin 75s.  Finished 3rd in first race and we won the second race and also clinched the Championship for the second year in a row.

Can't thank RTM construction and Hess Tire and Auto enough for all the support. My parents for everything they have done and all the support.  Elisha James and the kids for understanding how much it takes too commit too racing and being my biggest fans. Wes Peterson, Jason Lasky and Wesley Weed for all the help at the track this weekend. David Umscheid for all the advice and help through the whole season. Thanks too all my family and friends for all the words of encouragement and post congratulating us.

Hopefully we will see everyone at Concord in a couple weeks.

Archived