what year did TPS start racing at CC speedway

The TIDA, later named Texas Pro Sedans, included racing on their traveling circuit at CC Speedway in 1980 and for many years before long time CCS Track Manager Frank Hoch's death in 1991. (The next two TPS races at CCS is on Saturday, June 28 and Saturday, August 23)

The first TIDA Late Model Series race at Corpus Christi Speedway was in 1988.

Thanks for your historic question - Neil Upchurch

Texas Pro Sedans Publications Office Director

I was told by Frank that one of the best races at CC Speedway was a TIDA Pro Sedan Race in 1988 or 1989. He said there were many lead changes and passing all the way to the end. I think he said one of the Sullivan Boys won the race. Do you have any info on this race? Frank raced in and saw many races at CC for this one to stick in his mind. What a great person Frank was.

I was told by Frank that one of the best races at CC Speedway was a TIDA Pro Sedan Race in 1988 or 1989. He said there were many lead changes and passing all the way to the end. I think he said one of the Sullivan Boys won the race. Do you have any info on this race? Frank raced in and saw many races at CC for this one to stick in his mind. What a great person Frank was.

i know scott was in some good ones ..i want to say jetter in the saab was one of em close races . i know david in the 12 gave scott all he wanted .....but its been a long time and mind slips away ............as for frank aslong as you had an idea and gave him the credit you were in good hands ..lol..just stay away a couple of feet so you did not get hit by his swinging arms ...frank knew how to make you mad at him yet still race for him ....neil do you know what race this was....

"neil do you know what race this was"....

TPS records are not on file from that far back. I was at CCS that night and recall the race was between the Sullivan brothers in look alike Ford Pintos.

Btw: We need more drivers from Corpus Christi to participate in TPS races at Central Texas Speedway.

Archived