CTS info

Brad

Point #1

For those of you who want the nascar sanctioning please understand that if the nascar gig was to remain, several pro lates would not return since the other classes were paid more points money. Yes that is correct. The super stock, truck, pro mod class top 5 made a heck of a lot more than the prolates due to an error. If and I mean IF that is corrected, you may get a smaller check next year. The only advantage to the nascar sanctioning os the insurance. You may not know but the sanctioning isnt free. The track pays for it and its not cheap. So if the track keeps its money, pays a little more in insurance then they can put the rest into the track. Points money, purse etc. Remember, there is always more then just your side of the story.

Point #2. No other track in Texas runs the pro lates and nascar sanctioned. So they can not compete for points chamionships thru nascar due to the small amout of races. They would have to travel to other states. Only the trucks can run both cts and hmp for that.

Point #3 Every year someone has a car they can't run. Happens every year. The track can't change the rules to please everyone unless you want to go back to ALL day shows with 15 classes. There just isn't enough cars. And those long days won't intice spectators to come back.

I think it makes sense to drop the sanction. Like Cory said, it costs the track a lot of money that can be invested in better ways. The main benefit for the drivers is the insurance and the chance to compete nationally for points. With only 9 races, that second benefit only applies if you go race somewhere else. The insurance can be obtained by the track from another source. If the track takes some of the money they would have paid NASCAR for the sanction and puts in into a points fund, and I understand this is their intent, then the only thing left is the association with the NASCAR name. That never made a big whoop to us. Hopefully the savings will help the track in the long run.

Archived