Where's all the dirt fans at?

hubb44

We announce every race date that we post to this site and from time to time we know that people read it. Those guys over in the pavement section are constantly discussing issues with a great amount of expertise and thought. This site is a great oppurtunity to get some great ideas from others than our immediate circle. And too, Armond Payne is doing it right. With the time and money he has spent he rightfully does not want to open until all is complete and the plant is ready. Some times if you open too sooon the full impact of the facility is not realized and I am sure you know by now that the facility is first class. Anything less is not professional and will detract from the complete facility and program. Armond is my buddy too.

Hubb44, There are several of us on here, myself, boerneracehound and Randy Borlace to name a few. Jason's original intent was for this to be more a pavement site. But I bugged him, and bugged him............ and got him to let me put my dirt stories on here. As you can see from the results page, I get the results from some of the closer tracks on there as well. But you can see from the "hits" the pavement people have us out-numbered. LOL The majority of the dirt people use whowon.com, though that forum isn't as pleasant as Jason's is. Over there you need to make sure your helmet is tight and you're strapped in good. LMAO It can get a little rough!!!

Guest RandyBorlace

yep, me and ol' Reb were always trying to get Dirt coverage on the old TSZ forums, and then BRH50, comes too, and we begged enough and got our way LOL

What do you all think about late models and some basic rules so we can get them going again. They will run at Saratoga on May 24. 1000 to win. We think there are as many as 12cars that will make this show in that the original one was cancelled because of weather and has not been rescheduled.

A Late Model class would be great. The biggest problem as I see it; Many of the old cars are either sold or obsolete. Every track that HAD them ran their own rules, weight,tires,motor, etc. So now that they've all but died out, most can't even be competitive anymore. How close are Saratoga's rules to the Houston LM rules?

Randy, the squeeky wheel gets the grease!!!LMAO

Lets clairify this....,these are limited L-M, not full blown L-M,they run a limited L-M in Abileen and get 20 cars,I was talking to Criss Swensen just today about this,they need a touring L-M class that can go track to track ,Like an IMCA L-M ,or a limited L-M like the one Mary-ann is running only on dirt,just cause there limited dont mean they dont look the same as full blown L-M, and are extreamly fast too.

I was thinkingh along these lines. 9 pounds per cubic inch. very little if any aluminum, a weight break for non aftermarket chassis. An open tire rule with a maximum contact patch. You would need very little tech. There are a number of superstock cars here that could pass easily for a limited late model and sthere are a couple of new Larry shaw full blown chassis. The purse would pay decent to win and a little lighter back to say 15th place.

keep the ideas coming. I was about to form the Lonestar Late Models bnack in the mid 90 with this concept. We had a regular field of at least 16 any given saturdsay night at South Texas Speedway and the class was still growing when I left. I know they can make a comeback. We brought SUPR here in 96 and all the local cars who tried made the feature. We started 26.

Keep the comments coming.

Thanks

Hubb,most Hot stocks around are allmost Limited L-M's anyway,just be manditory that you have a real late model body on it,so they dont look like H-S's .What chassis are the 2 NPE cars at Saratoga,and the SUPR was a great show,I was there.Payne has a few L-M chassis at his place,2 Howe and a TCB I think.2 with skins ready to go.

sfrebel, If you're close to the now defunct Gator Spwy., you aren't that far from 105/Millican Motor Spwy. in Cleveland. They are switching to Sat. nights starting May 3rd, if you couldn't make Fri. nights.

Hub44, So are we talking Limited Late or real Late Models? Here are some other thoughts you might check into. Go to eastexasracing.com, there are some people that used to run late models at Lone Star Spwy. on that site. Maybe some of them might still have cars, cars for sale, or might be interested in rebuilding them. Though I think that you will need more than a grand to win, to coax them into a road trip to CC. Have you posted any info in the whowon.com dirt late model forum yet? That will catch the attention of any of the Houston and Abilene/San Angelo area late model racers, though I don't know the exact rules that their late model stocks/limited lates run under. Check the Abilene, Battleground or Houston Raceway Park sites for them. Just some ideas for ya to kick around.

Archived