Computer Help

Hey guys need some techincal advice. I recently put a new graphics card in my computer so I can play NR2003. I can play it fine when in testing session but when put in race mode i can run for a little bit and then it shuts the computer completely off. Ive turned down all the graphics on the game and it still does it. Can any of you help me.

It shuts completely off? Power and all? Or does the screen just go black? Restart? Or just plain shut down?

Make sure your card is in all the way and not loose, wiggle your cords around make sure you didnt knock anything loose inside while installing the card. Other than that I'm not sure, what kind of card is it?

I had posted a problem I was having in another thread about my computer restarting right before it gets to the main menu.

Answer : I turned down the hardware acceleration on my sound card. I finally got it to at least act like it wants to work. I will attempt to get the latest driver for sound max tonight. It was late last night, I didn't have time to race and my wheel is put up in the closet ( semi-retired b/c of problems ). I will try to run some races tonight before getting online.

Anyone that wants to add to this please feel free.

Archived