Saginaw 3 speed

matt5858

I need some help finding out what kind of 3 speed trans I have? The body of it is bigger than a typical 3 speed. I have tried finding it on the internet but cant. Here are the casting numbers that are on the trans.

Side Cover 3952646

Case 8952662

Tail Cover 3911942

I know it is a one line tranny and the ratios are as follows but what the heck is this and what did it come out of? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

I need some help finding out what kind of 3 speed trans I have? The body of it is bigger than a typical 3 speed. I have tried finding it on the internet but cant. Here are the casting numbers that are on the trans.

Side Cover 3952646

Case 8952662

Tail Cover 3911942

I know it is a one line tranny and the ratios are as follows but what the heck is this and what did it come out of? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Matt the one that i have has sidecover and case his the same as your but the tail has a diff number

I think you have this one first gear is 2.54 & second gear is a 1.50 that the best I can come up with.

if it is a muncie it is2.42 first gear & second gear is 1.57

MAYBE A MUNCIE 3 SPEED..........CAME IN EARLY MODEL GM MUSCLE CARS ..........GO TO M /R RACING EQUIPMENT.COM...........THEY HAVE A PICTURE TO COMPARE TO A SAGINAW...........THE ONE LINE (175 SECOND) IS WHAT WE USE IN THE LIMITED.........LITTLE HEAVIER..........HARD TO FIND PIECE.............

MAYBE A MUNCIE 3 SPEED..........CAME IN EARLY MODEL GM MUSCLE CARS ..........GO TO M /R RACING EQUIPMENT.COM...........THEY HAVE A PICTURE TO COMPARE TO A SAGINAW...........THE ONE LINE (175 SECOND) IS WHAT WE USE IN THE LIMITED.........LITTLE HEAVIER..........HARD TO FIND PIECE.............

well the casting that he gave is the same on my saginaw except for the tail housing.

also saginaw side cover the bottom two bolts are straight with each other and muncie bottom two bolt do not run straight on the side cover.

does it have an extra mounting ear on top and a hump on the side ?

So what is it? I have one also # side cover 3952646 I look it up that Im blue ithe face all i found that it was out of a truck ,but no ratio and the front cover is alittle rounder than a saginaw ,it wouldnt fit in a lake wood bellhouseing , I had to shave it down ( front cover) to make it fit.It has that top extra bolt hole on top also. It just looks alot beefer than a saginaw help me also ?????

does it have an extra mounting ear on top and a hump on the side ?

So what is it? I have one also # side cover 3952646 I look it up that Im blue ithe face all i found that it was out of a truck ,but no ratio and the front cover is alittle rounder than a saginaw ,it wouldnt fit in a lake wood bellhouseing , I had to shave it down ( front cover) to make it fit.It has that top extra bolt hole on top also. It just looks alot beefer than a saginaw help me also ?????

OKAY WHAT YOU HAVE IS A MUNCIE TRAN DID IT HAVE A RING GROVE ON THE HEAD GEAR ON THE CLUTCH SPLINE IF IT DIDN'T YOU HAVE ALOW GEAR 3.03 AND SECOND GEAR IS 1.75

i WILL TAKE A PICTURE AND HAVE IT ON HERE IN ABOUT ONE HOUR.OKAY ?

okay boys, here goes

the bottom tran in the picture is a muncie 3.03 & 1.75 ratio

the other three tran is saginaw two is first gear 2.85 & second gear 1.68

second from the bottom is 3.50 low gear & 1.89 second gear ( see the three ring on the head gear)

if that will help ya'll

Cell # 817-517-3829

000_0478.jpg

thanks you saved the day I have the 303 -175 one I was looking on the web and I think it was a330 saginaw out of old trucks Man thanks where did you find the Info?

GO TO M /R RACING EQUIPMENT.COM........MORE INFORMATION THAN YOU WILL EVER NEED ON STANDARDS.......WATCH OUT FOR THE BIGGER INPUT SHAFT COVER...........CAME ON TRUCKS AND SOME HAD A 5TH BOLT HOLE ON THE TOP.......

what are the three speeds worth ..my brother will be selling one soon .he has a large list of parts new and used he want to unload .the three speed has a racen bell housing ...that may go with it .... . a ton of parts for sale will be coming soon .......thats if he get off his buns and gets me that list ...

what are the three speeds worth ..my brother will be selling one soon .he has a large list of parts new and used he want to unload .the three speed has a racen bell housing ...that may go with it .... . a ton of parts for sale will be coming soon .......thats if he get off his buns and gets me that list ...

JUST AS YOU TAKEN OUT OF A CAR OR A PICKUP & IF ALL GEARS IS GOOD. I WOULD SAY $125.00 TO $200.00. IF IT HAS BEEN OVERHAUL I WOULD SAY $225.00 TO $275.00

HOPE THIS WILL HELP.

JUST AS YOU TAKEN OUT OF A CAR OR A PICKUP & IF ALL GEARS IS GOOD. I WOULD SAY $125.00 TO $200.00. IF IT HAS BEEN OVERHAUL I WOULD SAY $225.00 TO $275.00

HOPE THIS WILL HELP.

thank you very much ..we were looking at somewhere around 150.00 or so ..give or take ..

HOPE THIS WILL HELP.

thank you very much ..we were looking at somewhere around 150.00 or so ..give or take ..

I have sold three in the last three weeks ( munice )

Archived