DRVERS MEETINGS

DAN MONROE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if you remember jesse and lisa and i were all running about the same times and in the same area and we all won some races.......And yes lets all spill out what were all running... make it easier for everyone to run the same thing.. right? come on mike whats jesse running in there cars the whole deal from top to bottom.... come on cody tell us how much Nos your running in that car... :lol: oh sorry its not nos its Crisco...Just remember Bomber drivers this guy is coming to your class hes gonna do the same thing in your class.... :lol:

lets see when you won .gb either let you ..or he wasnt there lol ..or jr wasnt in the race ..lol ... or cody wasnt in the race ..lol charly your so funny ...our motors are no secret .....and spelling out what everyone has wont help either ..cuz some cant afford it ..anyway ....anytime you want to see whats in our motors im sure jessie wont mind you comeing over to see them aslong as you pay ...plus you maybe surprised in what you wont find in em ...... as for the bomber guys ..it will be by the rules ..as for thunders .its whatever you can afford ..

yes standards are legal ............... and im not saying anything bad about the track or dan he gave the drivers the chance to straighten up the rules . but most of the drivers said they wanted to leave things the way they are so im just looking at other options

And if you remember jesse and lisa and i were all running about the same times and in the same area and we all won some races.......And yes lets all spill out what were all running... make it easier for everyone to run the same thing.. right? come on mike whats jesse running in there cars the whole deal from top to bottom.... come on cody tell us how much Nos your running in that car... :lol: oh sorry its not nos its Crisco...Just remember Bomber drivers this guy is coming to your class hes gonna do the same thing in your class.... :lol:

CJY08 if you need to know anything about our motors. You need to as me (Jesse Sr.) not Mike. Rememder what I told you at the meeting. And as for legal motors, READ YOU THUNDER RULES and stop crying....

Your 2.5 stroker motor is legal. Just rememder the CLAIMER RULE.

$1200-$1200-$1200-$1200------- HOW MANY MOTORS CAN YOU LOSE?

I have ???????.

What ever body needs to remember is if the car count starts to fall the class has a chance of not been able to race at cc. so keep talking about claiming someones motor and the BULL SH-- might stop the class before the season starts so calm down and fix your cars and lets go racen

Brian

well guys brian is correct ...its time to get ready and race ...nothing has changed nothing accomplished in the meeting for the better of the class ............ so i say this bs is over ..ill help my team with what ever we need .and go have some fun .cuz anything else is moot .....this case is closed .. over and out ..

Well OT or HT,how bout HOT,I think your right,its a done deal.I do not think there will be anymore races won by a FWD car.To look at the rules the defination of a fast car is a RWD with a big engine and minimum weight.Only a fool would race a FWD with the restrictions in place now.I honestly dont believe the fast Fords would consider beating the FWD cars now much of a victory as do I.It was not a problem when there were no fast Fords but the option to build one was always there.Now there are 3 or 4 top cars that will win everything if they dont break.And I have to race a fat lady in hi heels.

Its almost a pro 4 class now so lets see where it goes.To not use the claim rule is not smart if you race a Ford.You cant build an Essinger engine for 1200$.I can build many engines for 1200$ each but what good is it if I cant use it?

I hope the fans enjoy the show.

K???? your words put a smaller one in it..... that means your not gonna be blowing everyone away anymore... dont see the problem..... only one you got be in the top 4 to claim....must be pretty fast to be in that area...

dude i went from a 2300 5.7 svo head to a 2300 5.2 shaved cast hyd head and i was still kickin your but i even told u i put the little motor back in

and crt stop you dont need a big motor for one im sorry but not many kids are going to come out there first year and kick ass not only do they got to get a feel for the sport but the track and the car they are driving and tune the car to drive like they want it to and my buddy and i tryed to help you when the 66 was running like $hit and you wouldnt listen to us so listen now get a procomp distributor $150 at there site and a summit box about $100 and it will do a good amount of help for your motor elect fan is always good buy some new shocks for the car and oh my god put a little money in some good tire at least new i will say it agin you dont need to spend $150 a dang tire but if u buy used gunk u get what u pay for

Have you guys looked at "My Laps", lap times don't lie about speed. That 23 car apparently has something figured out and I think he is a rear wheel drive. Looks like the rules are fairly equal. JMO

ya i did and if u look a race or to i droped about .4-.5 sec after the first cople of weeks when i dropin the other motor in it but it wasnt tuned right but i got it back down to about 16.09 with less motor then most out there

ok cody not trying to start anything but the boys was rookies and im not going to put a lot of money in the first cars now this year the 66 was gone we was building a 2000 mustang to take that cars place i didnt put a lot of stuff in the cars because like we all know they was rookies we was building two new motors but with all the money going to a new car and two new motor im not sinking another 7000 dollars for 2 alum heads just for then to be able to run with the leaders and cody i have been doing this for a long time you act like a 16.09 is a great thing but we used to turn 16.02 all the time with cast iron heads look at the video s and talk to other drivers i am not a begineer at this even thro i stopped racing i still was setting cars up you when i put the boys in cars i told them when you show me you need more ill give you more . and the reson behind that is so they would learn the track and the cars

We've had this discussion several times before and it always ends up with a few getting their nose bent out of shape - but that's just the nature of the discussion. It's not a problem unique to CC Speedway, though. Any division that runs a wide variety of makes and models in a basically a stock configuration has the same problem.

IMHO it is a mistake to give one make suspension/chassis/engine advantages over the other makes. Usually this happens when one or two teams in one type of car or another figure out how to get their car to really handle and suddenly the other teams groan and moan so loudly the rules makers has to listen. "Give us a bigger motor!" "Give us a weight break!" "Give us a head start or something!" ...or... "Take away something major from the front runner!"

Over the years GB has put his efforts into getting that FWD to handle. He has talked with me several times about FWD issues and it's obvious that he has a great deal of suspension engineering knowledge and applies that knowledge to his car very effectively.

Frankly, the FWD has basic handling disadvantages built into the design when compared to an equally powered RWD. It is nose heavy when compared to a RWD and all the acceleration forces are on the front tires as well. The right front tire does the lion's share of the work since it takes both the cornering loads and acceleration loads at the same time.

A RWD drive car, on the other hand, has a much better shot at balancing the work taking place on the four tires. The static weight distribution front-to rear is much better than a FWD and the acceleration forces are not shared with the RF in the turns. I'm not talking personalities. I'm not talking history. I'm not talking prejudice. I'm talking physics.

A bit of history: When the FWD TPS cars were getting their butts kicked by the Fords run by Leroy Farmer and Randy Lee a few years back, there was some agitation for rules changes to benefit the FWD cars. I told them to get their cars to handle and I'd talk to them about some rules changes, but not until. That's the truth - ask Donnie Moore who was running the fastest FWD car at the time - or ask Sergio. They were both told the same thing. Get your handling fixed, then talk to me about rules changes.

I am not saying the Ford teams should be brought back, but I am saying I think Thumper and other FWD cars should have a fighting chance under the rules.

Nick

I'm sayin u don't need them I had a 2.3 5.2 rods with a cast head cut 120 no porting done and a 510 lift hyd cam the 2nt half of the year and that is when I turned that 16.09 and I was still tuning it (cast head) oh with srp pistons I got a 650 800 150 175 kyb shocks and cast/camb plates so the stut towers wouldn't flex as bad and that's my car and I know ur kids are rookies and they are doing good and improving and I know what u mean by wantin some seat time before blowing $ I ran that last 3 years before on bone stock ford piston motor head cut half of what I got now and smaller cam and my dad made my only work in susp to get the car to turn before I could put a motor in it and blame gb for why I went so big I didn't think it was gonna run as good as it did and who ever want to call me stoker what ever call me and my big motor is on a stand come see what a 3000 crank looks like and see it only has a 3.125 stoke

ok but you jesse and randy all have the alum heads so if one of you put it on and start outrunning the other one then all of you are going to put it and it will force everyone else to have to go out and get one you ran it you know the horse power difference i just dont think it needs to be allowed we need to build this class up if its going to last i can built a real good strong v 8 for what that alum head cost

You guys talk about all that horsepower but the fact is some are learning how to handle a car.Your intake valves are almost the size of my pistons.I cant put bigger valves because theres no room.

It would have been nice to at least get rid of that stupid camber rule that Shawn added last year.Im glad I did not teach him more things.What I got for helping him was the oppourtunity to burn off the edge of my rr tire.Smoked to the core while the tread looks new.

I cant believe so many are scared of a 60 year old man.The people who will suffer are the FWD cars that dont have a million laps.Heres what they have to look for.

First spinning the front tire.Eather the left or the right depending on the corner loading.

Second,carry more weight than engine cc.They will be far above a pound per cc.

3rd,smoke off the rr tire edge because loading the chassis with all the banking causes body roll and camber loss.How fast would a Ford be if they ran 3 deg positive camber in the rf.A live axle never looses camber regardless of body roll.

Now that the FWD cars are out of the way the Fords are turning on each other like cannibles.Unfortunately this will not make the class prosper.It will be like 2000.To me it seems like its there already.

Removing the big heads will not change anything.Letting everyone have an equal chance to tune their chassis will.Just how much protection do you need?????

ok but you jesse and randy all have the alum heads so if one of you put it on and start outrunning the other one then all of you are going to put it and it will force everyone else to have to go out and get one you ran it you know the horse power difference i just dont think it needs to be allowed we need to build this class up if its going to last i can built a real good strong v 8 for what that alum head cost

Ok yes I see what u mean but that motor will be in my tps car and even if I am getting beat I'm not goin to be swapin motors every 2 3 weeks and I herd I don't know if it is ture but big jesse may be runnnin tps as will so I don't see jr running one as for as randy I don't know but he may put a rookie in that car I don't know all I'm saying that was to much motor ask jr he will tell u the same thing but I'm just runnin for fun next year I'm gonna miss at least 4 races and it took me 2 years before the 3ed year to really started running good and I have tryed to help people and if u are any one eles want it I don't mind it

dang i cant keep my hands from typing ............. i say if cody isnt going to put his head back on ..and jessie doent put his back on ..and get the lees to keep thiers off ..and get gb a tad slower ..come on gb ..join in ..then i say this class has won .and can be a better class for it ......... honor rules .only talking aboult heads here .this way the guys that cant afford it can still have a chance to run up front ...the goal here is to build car count or maintain the car count .and have a better show ..cuz no matter why you are racen ...you still have to put on a show ..no show .no car count ..no class .... i have seen some positives come out of this ....what say you .the esslinger head owners ..

i dont think g b needs to be slowed down any more with the tires and a cast iron head on the fords i can see low 16 s and the fords that are not there needs to work on there suspension but i can see a ford turning mid 15 s with the alum head . air cooled bugs need a little more help. i say just add to the rules no aftermarket alum heads and like they said set a compund rating on the tires and lets build they class up and have some fun

CJY08 if you need to know anything about our motors. You need to as me (Jesse Sr.) not Mike. Rememder what I told you at the meeting. And as for legal motors, READ YOU THUNDER RULES and stop crying....

Your 2.5 stroker motor is legal. Just rememder the CLAIMER RULE.

$1200-$1200-$1200-$1200------- HOW MANY MOTORS CAN YOU LOSE?

I have ???????.

Jesse i dont want to know whats in your motors thats part of the fun in this class.... am not the one thats saying anything about motors I was the first one that said leave the rules alone....and asked for suspension... its coming from that side of the fence.... All I asked is how the Late Model Class went cuz I didnt get to hear it...Gb just tell them...tell them whats being build in the monster garage... and make all of them go OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!

Archived