Thoughts & prayers for Jim @ SOS

SassyCassie14

This is from Brian...

Ok all I do apologize for waiting so long to get an update out, but I wanted to have all the information I could get so that I was sure.

As you know Jim is in a hospital in San Antonio after a serious dwarf car accident last night at Shady Oaks. Jim right now has one dislocated shoulder and one broken shoulder. He currently does not have a lot of feeling in his extremities. As the doctors & nurses are telling us "we are still in the early stages" of this and it is too early to tell how severe the injuries are.

Jim is alert and talking to us, when the doctors will allow us into see him. He is already telling me what needs to be done next at the track to get ready for the next show. I will do my best to get the track the way he does!

After speaking to Laurie (Jim's wife), she has asked that friends, drivers, fans please be patient as to contacting them or wanting to come see him. As it was stated prior, we are still in the early stages of this and he needs all the rest he can get.

If any of you would like to send me emails that I can print up and bring to him and read to him, you certainly may. Email address is as follows:

info@shadyoakspeedway.com or brian@shadyoakspeedway.com

Brian McDevitt

Director of Competition

Shady Oaks Speedway

Dont know or have ever met Jim or his wife Laurie, only know of them through LSS and was real happy to see someone instill some new racing energy into SOS as I have always thought it was a great facility with promise. My personal thoughts and prayers go out to this fine family at this time. May God Bless and Jim have a speedy recovery.

Duane Jones

I dont know how to write this without it looking like I am kissing but butt, but hear it goes. I first met Jim and his family on an imprompto visit to the track when I had heard on this forum that someone bought SOS. Immediately upon meeting them, I thought, they were as nice and down to earth as anyone could imagine. Jim didnt know anyone or anything about the area, who to get to do what, so I told him I would get in touch with some people in the know and send them his way. I contacted Mickey Helms, and Chris Shafer and every other person that I knew that could be of help getting Jim what ever he needed, and Jim being the driven, hands on kinda guy he is, was off to the races( literally). The part that impresses me the most about Jim is the fact that he actually cares about what anyone has to say that will help out racing, and not just at his track either, he wants racing to thrive and flourish period! He has taken many things that people suggested and implemented them into his program to make racing a more family fun place to be. I personally feel very at home and relaxed when I am there racing. Jim if your reading this, which I know Brian will have you a laptop soon if you dont already have one there in your hospital room, I want to tell you a heart felt thank you, for being a track owner who really cares about racing and one that is a model of what a owner should be. If you need anything, and I really mean it, anything, just call. Get well soon, and we are praying for ya.

The Lindsey Family

As was announced after the incident team LMR ran their tales off for JIM. And all did well. I want to thank anyone and everyone that did help out in the care of JIM.... And for the track facility it is best yet and Team SOS has done a fantastic job on keeping the place up and running for the fast racing action as it has since day one.... I for one ran my tale off and it paid for itself. My best finish this year.... Just want to let the family know that everyone is praying for him to recover and come back as the same guy when he left.... All thoughts and prayers are out to JIM....

Kim and Shawn Kline

Team Last Minute Racing

Jim does have a broken shoulder and the other shoulder is dislocated. They have not worked on anything yet. Reason is he does have a neck injury that involves multiple vertabras. The neck injury is obviously the most important and what they are focused on right now. He is stable and talking to his wife and doctors. Earlier this morning he complianted about his legs being asleep and feeling that crazy tiggling when like your leg is asleep. They soon started testing him starting at his feet area. He was able to feel pressure when the top and bottom of his feet were touched along with the knee cap. His forearms are starting to do the same. He is far from total recovery so please continue praying for him. This is about as much for details that can be realized right now until they know more. Brian also stated Jim's attitude today has been positive and he is already putting Brian to work to get everything as ready as possible. Just guessing but I imagine the next 48 hours will be very important. As of right now they are still taking no visitors until the doctors are finished with their plans of stablizing his neck problems. OK thats it for now but its going in the right direction and everyone continue doing what your doing!!!! Updates will be coming daily.....

B) Jim- you have all our love and lots of prayers for your recovery. In the short time we have known you and Laurie and the kids, y'all have become part of our family. God Bless You! We love you!

ps-I can't wait to see that great big smile and hear you say,"Bitchin!"

Archived