Texas Pro Sedans Champions

NeilTPS

Texas Pro Sedans Champions at CC Speedway on July 11

Three former champions of the Texas Pro Sedans touring series and a defending CC Speedway champion return TPS racing to CC Speedway (CCS) in Corpus Christi, Texas on Saturday night, July 11.

Texas Pro Sedans Series Race and Administrative Director, Neil Upchurch has announced receipt of 26 official entries. The entry list includes several former Texas Pro Sedan Champions who will compete in the TPS four cylinder stock car racing event when the series returns to CC Speedway on Saturday night, July 11.

The Texas Pro Sedans racing organization is pleased to welcome:

Paul Jett of Bulverde, Texas will drive the #50 VW Rabbit for car owner Rick Dawdy. Jett’s racing credentials lists outstanding accomplishments for many decades. He was the 1983 TPS Champion. Jett drove a Ford Torino in NASCAR which included the Texas and Talladega 500’s. He raced in the early years of the Texas Race of Champions at Texas World Speedway and for many years is remembered for racing in Texas when he drove sprint cars, midgets, super, modifieds and stock cars which included numerous events at CC Speedway. He was also the SCCA “F” Modified National Champion twice and raced in the SCCA Trans-Am national series and the 24 Hours of Daytona.

Other former TPS Champions racing at CC Speedway on July 11 include the defending 2008 Texas Pro Sedans Champion, Sergio Hexsel of Live Oak, Texas. He will compete in his new #20 VW GTI. Hexsel also won the TPS Championship in 2005 and 2007.

Six time TPS Champion Bill LaBarge of Bryan, Texas will compete in his #27 BMW. He won the TPS Championship in 1992, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2003 and 2004 and is currently ranked third in 2009 TPS Championship points.

Although he isn’t a TPS Champion yet Johnny Guerra of Corpus Christi is competing in his first Texas Pro Sedan

racing season and his first time in a traveling series. He won the at CC Speedway Thunder Class Championship in 2008.

He returns to his home track CC Speedway in his #2 Ford Mustang.

The 2009 season marks the Texas Pro Sedans 34th consecutive year of four cylinder stock car racing in the southwest. The event will be the sixth TPS season race of 2009 and will be TPS’s first race in four years at the CC Speedway ¼ mile, 15 degree banked asphalt oval.

In addition to the Texas Pro Sedans event, a full racing program will feature three CC Speedway class races which will also highlight the July 11 race night schedule. For schedule and ticket information call CC Speedway at 361/289-8847 or visit - http://www.ccspeedway.biz/

For further information regarding this News Release, contact:

Texas Pro Sedans Office at 210/655-3222, or by Email message to: neilupchurch@sbcglobal.net

Oh Lalo !!! Better check out the entry forum on the # 17 driver, lol Look's like Gb is gonna come play and don't forget about the fast yeller of Codys heard he's mounting up some slicks to play too. See you guys out there.

Oh Lalo !!! Better check out the entry forum on the # 17 driver, lol Look's like Gb is gonna come play and don't forget about the fast yeller of Codys heard he's mounting up some slicks to play too. See you guys out there.

cody is going to find out what hes made of ...... this is the largest entry ive seen in along time ...sad part is a few maynot make the race with limited start positions ...... just shows you the interest south texas have in minnies ..going to be fast ..whats great is a few tps locals got this all started with a few words .at a drivers meeting . and ofcourse a phone call with dan .

C.mon Too Sexy York and bring that Budmobile out to play with us.

C.mon Too Sexy York and bring that Budmobile out to play with us.

i thought aboult asking him to join .but knowing him ..he is scared .....or maybe its the way jessie passed him in practice something like that song ..dust in the wind .. ..... all he said to jessie i heard .is man i want one of those ..

It's posted on their website, Na i think I'll sit back in the stands have a Bud or 2 and watch this one, with you, sandovals, knotts, Lalo and Gb going for it. I think this is gonna be one hell of a race to watch

dont forget ...partsman tom ford 15..mike the plastic tps 70 ..bumpen bill 27 ....cody the donut boy ...lol...

It's posted on their website, Na i think I'll sit back in the stands have a Bud or 2 and watch this one, with you, sandovals, knotts, Lalo and Gb going for it. I think this is gonna be one hell of a race to watch

C'mon now, your bud vs. my MILLER LITE. Don't you wanna give a good show for your sponsor :P:P

I gave them ton's of good shows, a few weeks ago i gave them a fire work show when my brakes were glowing and sparking, after that have a few bad moments going into the wall... Then 28 Megan had to top me and flip her car over, show off..... :lol: And now in the Mad pony garage lookin for more power for that old-yeller :ph34r:

I gave them ton's of good shows, a few weeks ago i gave them a fire work show when my brakes were glowing and sparking, after that have a few bad moments going into the wall... Then 28 Megan had to top me and flip her car over, show off..... :lol: And now in the Mad pony garage lookin for more power for that old-yeller :ph34r:

you may want to order a driver to go with those ponys your looking for ..... ouch dang mike your bad ..shaime on me .... hey dont sit in the stands all night .come into the pits .someone will need your help ..

Hey Charlie I wouldn't drink to many of them Buds according to C.C. Speedways website thunders are racing

that night to.

that why you're not runnin mike? laugh.gif laugh.gif
dang that hurt ..i deserve that one ........

hey jessie and i talked aboult bringing the third car out .but something is wrong with the motor at this time ..its not there ..it is pushing the number 3 around at this time ...we thought aboult calling you to see if you had a motor .but .decided getting the two other cars ready was enough work ..... and i didnt want to join you as one of those back markers .your good at that ..lol ... see you saterday ..lets get it on ..

I havent kept up with the TPS cars except for checking results now and then here at LSZ but they used to be fun to watch when they raced at CCS for sure. So I am not up to date with who is fast and who isnt. So for fun how about you guys predict who will get fastest time and who will win. I have always enjoyed watching GB race and will be pulling for him to do well but I dont know what to expect since I am not actively involved in the series. I am not familiar with Paul Jett. I remember Hexsel and it seems like I remember him driving one of GB's cars at one point. LeBarge I remember being tough along with another guy I cant remember, think he drove a Honda. And of course Lalo is a local that has a lot of seat time at the track, just dont know what kind of car he has speed wise. Merrell is obviously pretty fast as he has won more than once this year. Johnson looks as he could be tough as well based on finishes this year. Been awhile since they have competed here so It looks like its up for grabs as to who wins and who times fast. Without knowing much about the current series and just based on the past and what I have looked at here concerning this years races, my prediction for the pole will be Merrell or Johnson, edge to Merrell, with the win going to Merrell. Should be a great race to watch. GB is my sentimental favorite for sure.

.COME ON OUT AND WATCH ..THIER ARE SOME FAST CARS .. I SAY IF THE TRACK IS GOOD AND STICKY ..YOU WILL SEE SOME LAP TIMES IN THE 14.EENS .... ONE LOCAL CAR HAS ALREADY HIT THAT TIME . THIS YEAR ..IN PRACTICE ....ON OLD TIRES ..

Archived